Duck Hunters

Old May 10th 2013, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all
Default Re: Duck Hunters

Far, far less stressful and cruel to the 'victim' if it's unexpectedly shot as it flies through the air with hardly a care in the world. Compare that to the terrible conditions and stress that animal are put through in many supposedly 'humane' abattoirs.
I went to repair a computer in one such in Warrington UK and became a vegetarian for a year - many of the staff appeared to have a lower intelligence and levels of humanity than the animals they beat and slaughtered
Old May 10th 2013, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arthur Daley
Nope........love meat - it tastes great.
Just can't understand the drinking and shooting culture.
I personally know several duck hunters that started drinking the hard stuff at 6.30am with a loaded 12 gauge in their hands.
In charge of anything when you are pissed is not my idea of sensible.
And before you ask...........yes I drink as well.
OK, your original comment wasn't particularly clear in terms of what you meant - of course hunting and drinking don't mix at all.

I thought you were having a go at hunters in general because they killed animals as a hobby/sport etc.
Old May 10th 2013, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
On Friday I printed 7 t-shirts that simply said 'DUCK HUNTING FOR CHRIST'
Genesis 9:2-3
And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Fits in well. Not sure what the green herb the bible is referring to is though.
Old May 11th 2013, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I see the point, can't eat the Duck anyway, I hear it's often full of shot!
Old May 11th 2013, 11:20 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

I had a friend who was into duck hunting and it sounded like little more than a male bonding exercise. Not many ducks were shot.

I don't like hunting for sport, but I do remember going on camp and fishing for our dinner. It was great to have a meal we had caught and prepared ourselves. I suspect we would be healthier if the food chain was a bit shorter than it is today (for many of us).
Old May 12th 2013, 7:45 am
My word is my bond.

Arthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud ofArthur Daley has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sr71
OK, your original comment wasn't particularly clear in terms of what you meant - of course hunting and drinking don't mix at all.

I thought you were having a go at hunters in general because they killed animals as a hobby/sport etc.
Well in a way I was.
Killing anything for sport or a hobby is in my opinion - wrong.
Sticking a piglet after it has been ripped to shreds by a pack of pig dogs or blasting the head off Bambi's mum is not on my bucket list.
As I said before generally speaking most NZ hunters are wannabe soldiers.
And I stopped playing soldiers when I was about six........
Old May 12th 2013, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arthur Daley
Well in a way I was.
Killing anything for sport or a hobby is in my opinion - wrong.
Sticking a piglet after it has been ripped to shreds by a pack of pig dogs or blasting the head off Bambi's mum is not on my bucket list.
As I said before generally speaking most NZ hunters are wannabe soldiers.
And I stopped playing soldiers when I was about six........
I met a bunch of hunters when I was out in the hills and they said their main interest was the same as mine - getting out into the great outdoors. My bonus was climbing a peak, their's was bagging a deer or tahr. I appreciate not all hunter's have the same motivation.
Old May 21st 2013, 7:33 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Woodlea
I met a bunch of hunters when I was out in the hills and they said their main interest was the same as mine - getting out into the great outdoors. My bonus was climbing a peak, their's was bagging a deer or tahr. I appreciate not all hunter's have the same motivation.
I think that view is more typical of most hunters. I also find the boozy traditional around opening weekend (duckshooting) a bit irrational, and generally try to avoid getting an invite..