Driving License

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 12:08 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Driving License

Does anyone know if the legislation went through regarding UK to NZ driving licenses just being a formality now (it was going to be wef 1st Sep), and there no longer being a need for full test??
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:16 am
Who me ?

Fireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of lightFireman Al is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving License

Haven't heard anything but i'm going in on thursday to change mine so hope that it has changed. You never had to sit the full test, just the theory test but now thats been done away with.....happy days !

Al.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:18 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

!! wonderful!!

just on my way down now to see what the score is.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P18PPS
!! wonderful!!

just on my way down now to see what the score is.
Al's right - there is no test for UK drivers anymore - certainly no practical and the theory requirement has just been removed -see below from:

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/factsheets/56.html

Some countries require similar driving skills and have similar licensing systems to New Zealand's. Depending on the country you have come from and the class of licence you are converting, you may not have to sit theory and/or practical tests. Other countries may have driver licensing systems that are very different from New Zealand's. People from these countries do have to sit both theory and practical tests.

Theory test?
You do not have to sit the theory test if:

you have a licence from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, and
your licence is current (or has expired less than 12 months), and
you are converting a car or a motorcycle licence.
You do have to sit a theory test if:

you have a licence from a country not listed above; or
you are converting a heavy vehicle licence from any country.
Practical test
You do not have to sit the practical test if:

you have a licence from Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the United States of America, and
your licence is current (or has expired less than 12 months), and
you have held that licence for more than two years.
You do have to sit the practical test if:

you have a licence from a country not listed above, or
you are converting a heavy vehicle licence from any country, or
you have a licence from a country which is listed above but you have held that licence for less than two years.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:28 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Went in to get mine yesterday only because I can do with a bit more NZ ID than my passport.
No need to sit a theory test, just checked my eyes and took a photo and that was it. Should arrive through the post soon
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:34 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
Went in to get mine yesterday only because I can do with a bit more NZ ID than my passport.
No need to sit a theory test, just checked my eyes and took a photo and that was it. Should arrive through the post soon
when I got mine last year the last person had left a line on the signature panel so it came out on the first license crossed through - had to do the photo, etc again and when I did it I'd been on holiday in SI for 3 weeks with half a beard and a mess of hair (those who know me will say it's usually a "mess" so this was pretty bad even for yours truly!) the AA lady made me have the photo taken then and there - disaster, but I suppose its only for 10 years - could always "lose" it.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:36 am
you dewty owld maan!

bear in mind there is an on the spot fine if Police stop you driving and you have no license with you - there were some random checks a couple of Saturdays ago on the local back streets up here - you have been warned
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

*Please note*

You still DO have to have a practical test and theory if you have not been driving for 2 years, as I found out!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
*Please note*

You still DO have to have a practical test and theory if you have not been driving for 2 years, as I found out!
blimey Michelle
just your luck
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:58 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

bear in mind there is an on the spot fine if Police stop you driving and you have no license with you - there were some random checks a couple of Saturdays ago on the local back streets up here - you have been warned
My UK licence is still ok to use so I should be fine. Just have to remember to carry it with me which is a pain as I wouldn't normally bother in the UK...
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:54 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Yay! Where do I go to change it? And how much donga?

Always carried my licence, even in the UK. Might have something to do with the cars I seem to buy Vrroooom!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:56 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
*Please note*

so how would they know if you have not been driving for 2 years????
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
blimey Michelle
just your luck
But seeing as I left the country and returned before my 12 months ran out... my 12 months has been reset and I can still legally drive on my UK licence until next June. I will have been driving for 2 years in February so I think I will wait
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by love30stm
so how would they know if you have not been driving for 2 years????
because it says my pass date on my UK licence
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by owen
Yay! Where do I go to change it? And how much donga?

Always carried my licence, even in the UK. Might have something to do with the cars I seem to buy Vrroooom!
Any AA centre I think! And it's ranging from $40-45 wonga (I love that word lol)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.