Driving License

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:04 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
because it says my pass date on my UK licence
its ok, i relised what i asked...im feeling sick today, and a bit slow....
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

Welly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really niceWelly Wife is just really nice

Originally Posted by owen
Yay! Where do I go to change it? And how much donga?

Always carried my licence, even in the UK. Might have something to do with the cars I seem to buy Vrroooom!
I did mine at local AA shop yesterday. It was $44.50. My one year was up on 31/08/08 so the law change came just in time for me.

It was all very straight forward apart from the fact that I failed the eye test

So had to spend a further $15 on a DL12 eye test at the opticians! She said I was fine and in fact could probably drive without my glasses. After a bit of a discussion though she decided to say that I must wear my glasses. (I wear them all the time anyway) So my temp licence says that I must wear corrective lenses.

Apart from that all was good. Don't forget you need your UK licence, passport and proof of address!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:50 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

I went to AA today. $44, if you've got current UK license there are no tests at all (not even a vision) - fill out a form, passport, proof of address - done.
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by P18PPS
I went to AA today. $44, if you've got current UK license there are no tests at all (not even a vision) - fill out a form, passport, proof of address - done.
How come some of you have a vision test and others dont, I am only curious as I have a dodgy eye!
I dont want to be in a position where I cannot get the UK Driving license transfered to an NZ one.

Any Info?

Cheers Jads
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 1:02 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jads
How come some of you have a vision test and others dont, I am only curious as I have a dodgy eye!
I dont want to be in a position where I cannot get the UK Driving license transfered to an NZ one.
Any Info?
Cheers Jads
I reckon that just forgot to mention it - everyone gets an eye test to confirm filed of vision and that any corrective lenses/specs work, there is a machine on the couter at the AA shop where I did mine.
You might need a medical cert if your eyes are unusual??
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lardyl
I reckon that just forgot to mention it - everyone gets an eye test to confirm filed of vision and that any corrective lenses/specs work, there is a machine on the couter at the AA shop where I did mine.
You might need a medical cert if your eyes are unusual??
Hi

Do they test each eye individually or do they ask you to cover one up and test each eye seperate.

Cheers Jads
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:48 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jads
Hi

Do they test each eye individually or do they ask you to cover one up and test each eye seperate.

Cheers Jads
can't recall, I would probably confuse it with the tests that I had a year before at the opthalmic surgeon......someone else will know
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Welly Wife
I did mine at local AA shop yesterday. It was $44.50. My one year was up on 31/08/08 so the law change came just in time for me.

It was all very straight forward apart from the fact that I failed the eye test

So had to spend a further $15 on a DL12 eye test at the opticians! She said I was fine and in fact could probably drive without my glasses. After a bit of a discussion though she decided to say that I must wear my glasses. (I wear them all the time anyway) So my temp licence says that I must wear corrective lenses.

Apart from that all was good. Don't forget you need your UK licence, passport and proof of address!!
Hi Welly Wife

Do they test your eyes seperatley or together, my vision is fine when done together. Just worried about getting NZ licence.

Cheers for your help

Jads
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to beholdKimi-Deacon is a splendid one to behold

Eye test is done together, its like looking in to binoculars. We applied for ours about 10 days ago got proper driving license through yesterday, so quick from application to delivery.