Wikiposts

driving licence

Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

jimc is on a distinguished road
Default driving licence

hi all,

Will i need to take a nz driving test to be able to drive out there or will i be able to drive on my uk licence?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:59 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice
Default Re: driving licence

Excellent question.

Yes, you can drive on your UK licence for one year before you will need to get a New Zealand licence.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:36 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by happynz
Excellent question.

Yes, you can drive on your UK licence for one year before you will need to get a New Zealand licence.
This is correct, you can drive for up to one year before you are required to sit a theory test (scratch and sniff) to convert your uk licence to a kiwi one.

Cost is currently $84 dollars and Jac has her's tomorrow.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:42 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jac&Adie
This is correct, you can drive for up to one year before you are required to sit a theory test (scratch and sniff) to convert your uk licence to a kiwi one.

Cost is currently $84 dollars and Jac has her's tomorrow.
if you have a UK bike licence convert them both at the same time to save a couple of bucks
Old Mar 4th 2008, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

.... and dont worry about the theory test either.... as its easy peasy.... I'm not gloating at all because I got 100% right! Just had to beat OH who got 1 wrong!