Driving Licence

Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Dolly Daydream will become famous soon enoughDolly Daydream will become famous soon enough
Default Driving Licence

Do you have to take another driving test in NZ if you hold a UK licence? That would be scarey. I'm sure I have one or two bad habits!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Driving Licence

hi jacky g here

i think im right in saying if you are going to be here more than a year you have to sit the theory test at AA.....

sounds easy you thinkhave tried it on line,so has garry,keep failing

some stupid ideas on giving way here....
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dolly Daydream
Do you have to take another driving test in NZ if you hold a UK licence? That would be scarey. I'm sure I have one or two bad habits!!
If you hold a full UK driving licence then all you have to do is sit a scratch card test. This is 35 questions and you can get upto 3 wrong. They are very basic, common sense questions - except for the give way ones!!! You have to take this test within 1 year of being here - they check your passport for your landing date.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:56 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Liz & Co
If you hold a full UK driving licence then all you have to do is sit a scratch card test. This is 35 questions and you can get upto 3 wrong. They are very basic, common sense questions - except for the give way ones!!! You have to take this test within 1 year of being here - they check your passport for your landing date.
Really? I got my NZ licence last year after mooching around on my Hawai'i driver's licence for four-and-a-half-years. There was no comment from anyone whatsoever other than, "Ooh, Hawai'i, eh? Lovely place. My husband and I went there last year."

Better you don't follow my example and get your theory test done within the year after you arrive.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

The test is nothing to worry about. Just get yourself a Road Guide for motorists (I think it was called that? ).... go over and over the test questions in the back, I did this and got 100% right.... even the stupid Give Way questions which I had to think about! I just HAD to beat OH who got 1 wrong!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 2:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Originally Posted by SarahB
The test is nothing to worry about. Just get yourself a Road Guide for motorists (I think it was called that? ).... go over and over the test questions in the back, I did this and got 100% right.... even the stupid Give Way questions which I had to think about! I just HAD to beat OH who got 1 wrong!
DITTO - I HAD to get them all right too!! OH was a bit miffed
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

hjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of lighthjmilligan is a glorious beacon of light

Appartently on the land transport site,they are toying with idea that if you hold a UK driving licence you wont have to take the test and can just exchange your UK one for a NZ one. It goes before a commitee or something on the 19th september,so hold off if you can!

Helen
Old Sep 14th 2007, 4:33 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

These are the questions. You can do the test online which is what I did and passed with flying colours...

http://www.communitylaw.org.nz/licence/learn.php

Good luck
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:17 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
These are the questions. You can do the test online which is what I did and passed with flying colours...

http://www.communitylaw.org.nz/licence/learn.php

Good luck
We intend to sit ours next week
That's an excellent link, I'm doing a lot better with that than with the Road Code in front of me
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
We intend to sit ours next week
That's an excellent link, I'm doing a lot better with that than with the Road Code in front of me
My just turned 15 year old passed her learner's license today ... oh deep joy ...
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:24 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
My just turned 15 year old passed her learner's license today ... oh deep joy ...

Yikes, four more years until I'm faced with that.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by happynz

Yikes, four more years until I'm faced with that.
15 a month and 6 days ago ... coz she's soooo mature ...?????
Old Sep 14th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well done congratulations to daughter No 1.

I read somewhere that even though our 18 yr old daughter has just passed her test in UK, because she hasn't held the licence for 2 yrs she's got to take the practical as well as the theory test in NZ. Can anyone confirm that.
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Liz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud ofLiz & Co has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by helinuk
Well done congratulations to daughter No 1.

I read somewhere that even though our 18 yr old daughter has just passed her test in UK, because she hasn't held the licence for 2 yrs she's got to take the practical as well as the theory test in NZ. Can anyone confirm that.
She can drive on her UK license for up to 1 year then will just have to convert with the scratch card test. We tried to get our daughter to pass in UK, but after 3 failed attempts she has had to do it here.

By the way Etty is looking forward to meeting and showing your daughter around, when you arrive!
Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Dolly Daydream will become famous soon enoughDolly Daydream will become famous soon enough

What is a scratch card test? How do you take it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.