Drivers Licences!

Old May 17th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drivers Licences!

If you have points on your UK licence that are a few years old (3) then does anyone know whether they are put on your new one or do you start with a clean licence

B-I-L wants to go over and do truck driving but has 6 points on his car licence ( is taking his HGV soon ) and wants to know how this would affect him.

Any ideas......
Old May 17th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drivers Licences!

Do you have to show your British licence when you take the NZ test then?
Old May 17th 2007, 1:23 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mazi
I did (well, not British licence as I'm not British), but it was just to verify that I had previous driving experience. The date my overseas licence was issued, when it expired was noted and that was it. There was zilch mention of any driving history.
Old May 17th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

No idea, thats what I need to find out.

I know you can drive on your car licence for a year but with HGV it has to be transferred before you start work........I think.
Old May 17th 2007, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kato33
No idea, thats what I need to find out.

I know you can drive on your car licence for a year but with HGV it has to be transferred before you start work........I think.
I know you can drive on your British car licence for three years
Old May 17th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Professional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to allProfessional_Gypsy is a name known to all

If you took the driving test in NZ for their license I'm sure youd be given a sparkly clean new one - theres no way they would transfer your points over.
Old May 17th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

sarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond reputesarahw has a reputation beyond repute

I know you can drive on your British car licence for three years
I think it's now only one year from when you first arrived.
Old May 17th 2007, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sarahw
I think it's now only one year from when you first arrived.
Did you not see my wink? Maybe I should have said I was able to drive on mine for 3 years
Old May 17th 2007, 11:59 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

What happens if you get caught driving without a valid licence?

Points don't get transferred. How would they know you have them? They only looked at the photo part of my licence.
Old May 18th 2007, 12:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RobClubley
No idea. I didn't.
Old May 18th 2007, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

No idea. I didn't.
Doesn't the car insurance premium come down too, if you have a NZ licence ?
Old May 18th 2007, 2:31 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Invalid insurance, criminal offence (but not likely to prosecute unless you have an accident), and you probably have not read the road code, so therefore won't know how to drive.....

ACC probably takes away any civil liability.
Old May 18th 2007, 2:44 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think having read the road code means you know how to drive - too much evidence to the contrary!
Old May 18th 2007, 5:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Doesn't the car insurance premium come down too, if you have a NZ licence ?
What insurance?
Old May 18th 2007, 5:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by southerner
Invalid insurance, criminal offence (but not likely to prosecute unless you have an accident), and you probably have not read the road code, so therefore won't know how to drive.....

ACC probably takes away any civil liability.
I read the road code - it's hilarious reading!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.