Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Drinks at The Slipp Inn, Highbury/Birkenhead on Friday 21st....

Wikiposts

Drinks at The Slipp Inn, Highbury/Birkenhead on Friday 21st....

Old Aug 16th 2009, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold
Default Drinks at The Slipp Inn, Highbury/Birkenhead on Friday 21st....

http://www.slippinn.co.nz/news/12/17

I'll be there from just before 6

Buses 973/974/955 are every 10 mins between 5 and 6pm and go from Victoria St, down lower albert st to Highbury Shops, which is where The Slipp is.. It takes about 20 mins

Goin back to the city every 20 mins or so right to 11.15pm ..........and then theres night buses at 12.47,1.47 and 2.47 if you stay that late !!!

Who fancies it?
Old Aug 16th 2009, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Drinks at The Slipp Inn, Highbury/Birkenhead on Friday 21st....

Yep - I'll be there from 6:30 or so.

Cheers for the bus info!

Paul...
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Gills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really nice

Ill be there, may have to drive though as I live in Campbells Bay and have no idea what the transport is like!

Do you know if there is a bus I can get?

Can you tell me the address of the bar?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Gills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really niceGills is just really nice

Sorry didnt see the link, have found the address! Still jet-lagged!

Do you know of any buses between birkenhead and campbells bay? Or how much a taxi might be?
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gills and welcome to NZ
I have no idea about buses as am allergic to the shore
However you can check out maxx
For all your public transportation needs

BTW
I'm not totally allergic to the shore and am actually quite partial to northcote/birkenhead
Old Aug 19th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

so - who's for a beer? Realbeard/gills - anyone else?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hey,

I'll be there as near to 6 as possible, finish work at 5 then need to drop car home and get a taxi, looking forward to it!
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:05 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I think OH will come with another Brit guy he met... Will you guys have a flag up or picture of Lizzie?

I have work drinks on Fridays...
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

I havent got a union jack ..............................

(goes to his bedroom and looks through his clothes)

I'll wear a blue long sleeved top with the numbers "33" in the middle and will get there just b4 6

I'm Ian.................and I'm not 33 anymore

The $4 drinks last till 7
Old Aug 20th 2009, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, only just saw this, be good to hear if it was any good, as well as how much the taxi was!
Old Aug 21st 2009, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

There was myself, Gills (daniel) and realbeard (paul) plus a kiwi friend of mine.

$4 drinks went down well, we had a few games of pool and watched the start of the ashes test ...............

Paul and my mate got the bus back into town and gills drove home (sober).

I'm looking to organise (hopefully a bigger) meet-up in sept at The Bluestone Room (a monteiths pub) on Durham Lane in the city centre on a Friday evening. They do $4 pints from 5 till 7 .............and then go up to $8 a pint after that (so it pays to get there earlier)

I;ll get back to you with a date . I reckon Ill go for either the 4th Sept or 18th.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:04 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zaras dad
There was myself, Gills (daniel) and realbeard (paul) plus a kiwi friend of mine.

$4 drinks went down well, we had a few games of pool and watched the start of the ashes test ...............

Paul and my mate got the bus back into town and gills drove home (sober).

I'm looking to organise (hopefully a bigger) meet-up in sept at The Bluestone Room (a monteiths pub) on Durham Lane in the city centre on a Friday evening. They do $4 pints from 5 till 7 .............and then go up to $8 a pint after that (so it pays to get there earlier)

I;ll get back to you with a date . I reckon Ill go for either the 4th Sept or 18th.
City centre location... we should come along then...
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

City centre location... we should come along then...

yep, no excuse
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Great location, up for that!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

realbeard is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbo25
Great location, up for that!
Any further news on this Ian?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.