Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

dreaming of england

dreaming of england

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:26 pm
livewire

Default Re: dreaming of england

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
How are we gonna manage with a tin roof.....
It's ok - they come in lots of pretty colours and you can get them repainted if you don't like a particular shade.

You can even get a "tin" roof that looks like proper roof tiles, very deceptive they are. Our house is going to have concrete tiles because it's in a very high wind zone and I don't fancy loosing it, also we're collecting our drinking water off it and I don't want any more contamination than necessary.

The worst roof covering has to be that felt stuff - it looks like individual tiles made out of the stuff you'd put on top of your shed roof. Yeuk.

Certainly lots of roof coverings to choose from.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:26 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

yes, other people coped with things worse than tin roofs, but what about you, yes other people do & can, i've been to places with worse housing than NZ, but what are you prepared to cope with, thats the question, the people on here aren't prepared to cope with that, or with Kiwi biased etc etc,
we all know theres worse in the world, but do we have to put up with it, no.

Originally Posted by Mark & Sarah
Of course they have!
My 6 years travelling the globe in the navy did however take me to some VERY far flung places where,unbelievably, people coped with worse things than no insulation and tin roofs!(I do appreciate the gist of the thread tho!)
I am so excited....
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:29 pm
Banned

homesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant futurehomesick harry has a brilliant future

they even come multi coloured if you want, with nice new tin roof patches that are a totally different colour to the rest where its obviously caved in or something.
Or you can have rust coloured, or mold coloured on the felt stuff, & all come with free smells in your loft & bedrooms, & all come with free freezing cold temparatures too.
How modern

Originally Posted by livewire
It's ok - they come in lots of pretty colours and you can get them repainted if you don't like a particular shade.

You can even get a "tin" roof that looks like proper roof tiles, very deceptive they are. Our house is going to have concrete tiles because it's in a very high wind zone and I don't fancy loosing it, also we're collecting our drinking water off it and I don't want any more contamination than necessary.

The worst roof covering has to be that felt stuff - it looks like individual tiles made out of the stuff you'd put on top of your shed roof. Yeuk.

Certainly lots of roof coverings to choose from.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:29 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Yea keep posting Kaz Hen your doing a great job of proving us 'British' Britishexpats right!
A huge number of kiwis are intolerant and insecure.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livewire
On second thoughts - keep posting Kazhen, we Brits like a good laugh
A good laugh, as far as I can see you all just like a good moan.
If you don't like NZ then leave, pretty simple. If I hated the UK as much as you lot seem to hate NZ then I wouldn't stay.
Anyway enough of this boring, boring moaning about NZ. I had a great standard of living there, some people will struggle financially but hey some people don't. Some people will make an effort an integrate and enjoy their lives and some will just hang around this web site feeling sorry for themselves and waiting for people to say ' poor you'.
Signing off to do something more interesting than this
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:31 pm
livewire

Oh NO!!! please don't go - we were enjoying your postings so much.

Catch you later sunshine xxx

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:33 pm
Banned

you still cant answer the question, why are kiwis leaving in droves, thats not like a kiwi is it, to ignore something they dont like the sound of, or they cant answer.
Why are you overseas & why are kiwis leaving in large numbers ???? 2 simple questions.

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
If you don't like NZ then leave, pretty simple. If I hated the UK as much as you lot seem to hate NZ then I wouldn't stay.
Anyway enough of this boring, boring moaning about NZ. I had a great standard of living there, some people will struggle financially but hey some people don't. Some people will make an effort an integrate and enjoy their lives and some will just hang around this web site feeling sorry for themselves and waiting for people to say ' poor you'.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:38 pm
turkeytickler

Yep, best you take your son back to the Uk where he can grow up with a nice Nottingham, Brummy or Geordie or whatever accent, and he will have to wear shoes to avoid the dog shit and broken glass.
And what the first things we were asked in the Uk was where we lived, what school we sent our kids too and what we did for a living. may of well of just asked us how much we earned. My house is bigger than yours is alive and well in the UK too!
Not surprised you and the depressive Harry have no mates with that attitude towards your host country.
KAZ
Thanks for the advice but we have already thought of that idea....

My wife stood on some broken glass last week.. i got punctured on some broken glass the week before whilst cycling - it seems a national pastime to throw beer bottles onto the roads on a saturday night.

There is a dog shit on my "birm" outside as we speak.

I dont see anything wrong with asking those questions - that sounds like polite conversation making to me... its certainly isnt the same as the ignorant shite that comes out of some kiwi's mouths abroad.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:40 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

KAZ
If we kept saying to migrants in the UK that if they didn't like it they should leave we would be labeled racist!
That's another thing you kiwis are good at ... being racist!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:45 pm
Banned

i saw an advert in the CHch press when i was looking for a house to rent, but it was a homestayer, it said something like 'roomfor rent, clean' blah blah blah, then at the end it said 'rice available every night if wanted'. if that isn't closed minded i dont know what is.
In addition, the Sunday Star Times last week said in regards to the comments in the british press about the haka being banned that people in britain were tw*ts, for suggesting it.
If that isn't inherant racism i dont know what is, i mentioned this on another forum & said that the journalist cant say those things, you know what a kiwi said to me
'well he can say it & he has said it',
they're racist because they're ignorant, they're ignorant because they're thick & they're thick because they're uneducated.

Originally Posted by sky
If we kept saying to migrants in the UK that if they didn't like it they should leave we would be labeled racist!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Oh what and racism is not alive and well in the UK. Try telling that to the mother of Anthony Walker killed by racists thugs with a pickaxe in his skull.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 8:59 pm
Banned

yet again, total ignorance of questions & comments, just simple comeback on the UK.
Of course racism is there in the UK, but when was the last time you saw somethign along the lines of what i've mentioned that was in the newspapers.
keep ignoring the questions, it makes the situation look worse.

Oh what and racism is not alive and well in the UK. Try telling that to the mother of Anthony Walker killed by racists thugs with a pickaxe in his skull.
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:07 pm
turkeytickler

KAZ
i beleive the topic of discussion here is NZ not the UK.

Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
i beleive the topic of discussion here is NZ not the UK.
Isn't the topic of the thread dreaming of England, last time I heard that was part of the UK!
KAZ
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:16 pm
Banned

hahahaha, that is a good one, seriously, well spotted.
its still a british expats forum though.

Isn't the topic of the thread dreaming of England, last time I heard that was part of the UK!
KAZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.