DownerEDI

Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice
Default DownerEDI

Hi - has anyone any work experience of this company? OH has an interview for the 14th Oct, in London which is a bit of a drag, but we may combine visit with the expo.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:28 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DownerEDI

Originally Posted by McGowans
Hi - has anyone any work experience of this company? OH has an interview for the 14th Oct, in London which is a bit of a drag, but we may combine visit with the expo.

Sorry no help whatsoever, but thought I'd BUMP you back up the pile
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Karen2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really niceKaren2000 is just really nice

Hi

My husband works for Downer EDI . What part is the interview for ? I understand there are several different divisions within the company , my husband works on the telephone side he used to work for BT in UK . They seem a good company to work for and my OH is very happy in his job .If you need more info PM me .

Thanks Karen
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Hi,

My husband had an interview back in February in Manchester with this company, we have sold our house and are moving out in next few weeks, but unfortunately for us the job they offered went (tits up) they are struggling to now find a place for him, we now have no house and cant leave the UK until we get another job offer with another company. What does your husband do?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

McGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really niceMcGowans is just really nice

Hi Karen and Julie, OH's background is domestic gas. He's a heating engineer, but more recently has worked in utilities as both contract and operations manager. The guy who is interviewing him is from the Southern div, so guess that is where he is recruiting for. We don't know what position he is being interviewed for and are waiting for more info (they have a number of posts that they are interviewing for this month and OH's CV went forward withou specifying a role).

The HR contact said the family were welcome to attend the interview as they can talk to us about relocation whilst OH is interviewed. Guess that meant immigration, locations and not a relocation package.

Julie - your advice is worrying. What role was your husband offered and why did they withdraw it. I assume they've remained committed to you if they are still looking for an alternative? Or have you knocked them on the head?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

juliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to alljuliejamesmcgrath is a name known to all

Hi Karen and Julie, OH's background is domestic gas. He's a heating engineer, but more recently has worked in utilities as both contract and operations manager. The guy who is interviewing him is from the Southern div, so guess that is where he is recruiting for. We don't know what position he is being interviewed for and are waiting for more info (they have a number of posts that they are interviewing for this month and OH's CV went forward withou specifying a role).

The HR contact said the family were welcome to attend the interview as they can talk to us about relocation whilst OH is interviewed. Guess that meant immigration, locations and not a relocation package.

Julie - your advice is worrying. What role was your husband offered and why did they withdraw it. I assume they've remained committed to you if they are still looking for an alternative? Or have you knocked them on the head?

He was offered a supervisory role on roadworks, but in august NZ immigration changed the wage up to $50,000 minimum, which they said was fine but as the contracts had ended they were trying to place him somewhere else but obviously have to place their own men first, we heard from DownerEDI this morning and although the recruitment team are forwarding his CV to other parts of the company and that they are impressed by it, it doesn't look like he has enough experience now for the supervisors jobs they would have to give him to get the immigration grade required.

I think for us we are just having bad luck, we though things were going to well, we hadn't really talked about emigrating until Jimmy went for his interview, but now its all we want.

Good luck in your interview, as these are new jobs that have come up you will be fine.

Julie xx
Old Oct 1st 2007, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

What a bummer, though better to happen before you went then just as you arrive? We made a rash decision a month ago and since then have had our EOI accepted, networked more than ever and have an interview lined up. I've had one too with Hays, but didn't fancy the 50 hour week. Now debating when to put the house on the market, don't want to get hit by the expected crash, but also don't fancy staying with the in-laws too long!
Let me know how you get on and if we see/hear anything we'll let you know.
Emma