Doughnuts

Old Apr 21st 2018, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doughnuts

Battle of the American Chains. Krispy Kreme is Southern, Dunkin' Donuts is Yankee and based out of Boston.

I attended late elementary (primary) school in the US and Krispy Kreme used to have a deal with the elementary schools in Miami, on Wednesday after school, plain glazed donuts were sold for 25 cents each and the schools got to keep the proceeds.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou
Battle of the American Chains. Krispy Kreme is Southern, Dunkin' Donuts is Yankee and based out of Boston.
I see. I think in retrospect I prefer Dunkin' Donuts. I recall in my youth getting a dozen and taking them to Fenway Park one time in Boston. Happy Days
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bearskin
I see. I think in retrospect I prefer Dunkin' Donuts. I recall in my youth getting a dozen and taking them to Fenway Park one time in Boston. Happy Days
I agree with you. The main difference I think is Krispy Kreme generally glazes the entire donut, and then adds the specialty icing or whatever to the top. Their donuts are also a lot more cakey. I find them too sweet.

Good that Dunkin is still going strong in NZ - they unfortunately failed in Australia, closed down their last store here about a decade ago, and have no plans to come back. Krispy Kreme is here and has a few branches in Perth.
Old Apr 22nd 2018, 9:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

MrBEVS , a doughnut connoisseur with decades of experience, has been living in a veritable doughnut wasteland these past 14 years.
One can now get doughnuts over in Motueka at a good $4/$5 each.
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

This mornings breakfast
Attached Thumbnails Doughnuts-31760158_10156382934191202_6671511471270133760_n.jpg  
Old May 3rd 2018, 9:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
This mornings breakfast
That's just mean Hope you enjoyed them
Old May 4th 2018, 12:37 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

50p!!!
Now I want donuts. Or maybe churros.
Old May 4th 2018, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

This mornings breakfast
Wow 50p - hope you enjoyed every sugary mouthful.
Old May 6th 2018, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

We've noticed in every service station and heaps of other places, there are self serv Krispy Kreme cabinets where you can help yourself to your sugary weapon of choice as you enter and pay when you've flicked through the magazines you're not going to buy and are leaving
Old May 6th 2018, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

shuvit is on a distinguished road

Come on - you can't beat eating warm donuts from a paper bag on a cold October night walking up the prom in Blackpool watching the illuminations
Old May 7th 2018, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ha ha, we did that last week. The wife's a kiwi and wanted to see Blackpool.
We bought a bag on the prom, had to wait while the lass cooked em. No illuminations but true to form it was cold and miserable
Old May 8th 2018, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, we did that last week. The wife's a kiwi and wanted to see Blackpool.
We bought a bag on the prom, had to wait while the lass cooked em. No illuminations but true to form it was cold and miserable
Such a sad place to see nowadays. Has seen better days. Went for a visit on our last trip to UK 2015 and couldn't believe what a dump it had turned in to and the weather was freezing for September. Nowhere near as good as it was or how I remembered as a kid. I used to be there every weekend between April & October when the caravan season was open as my Step Dad had a caravan business and owned 16 static vans on a site at Marton which we used to rent out. I'd go up every Saturday morning with the Step bro to clean out the vans and cut the grass ready for the next set of holiday makers then spend our wages in the amusements on the prom. Good fish n chips to be had though at least :-)
Old May 8th 2018, 3:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares, they taste good
No really, they don't. We have a local small bakery that makes the most awesome jam doughnuts. Same size as my head near enough and way too much for one person but damn they're good. KK are just sweet slime with different sweet slime on the top.
Old May 8th 2018, 4:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
Such a sad place to see nowadays.
.. and yet my husband's cousin has just come back from a very 5 days there with family and friends.
As is oft said here. It is what you make of it.
Old May 13th 2018, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

shuvit is on a distinguished road

Oh no escapedtonz - but nowhere is as good as when you were younger is it
bevs - your right, it is what you make of it
justcol - cold & miserable - sounds perfect

I used to go there every year for the illuminations, it is full of tac, lots of 'immigrants' selling flashing headwear that will lose battery as soon as you get home (sometimes a blessing in disguise) There is a fortune teller on every corner and you dare not to cross the tram lines in case you want to end up like Alan Bradley!! But you go there for nostalgia, I for one didn't expect anything grand, kids loved a donkey ride and a couple of quid in 2p for each of them to waste away in the slot machines
The prom has been done up nice and lovely to sit there on an Autumnal eve with a bag of chips to watch the sun go down over the Irish Sea - although its not a place I would generally visit for a holiday when we could go a little further north to the Lakes.