Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Don't kill me, but I have to ask... (Oz vs. NZ)

Don't kill me, but I have to ask... (Oz vs. NZ)

Old Oct 20th 2006, 5:31 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Don't kill me, but I have to ask... (Oz vs. NZ)

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Well good luck. It's a gorgeous place in summer IMO. if the cold bothers you then make sure it's a more modern place and that you get good efficient heating or similar, and insulation.
In parts of Aus (Vic and Tas) houses are much the same as here with similar climate too though so bear that in mind.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the change if you're only worried about the weather then the rest will be easy as there are ways around it.
check this link, quite interesting to hear kiwi's whinging about NZ (god forbid anyone else to do it though...)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/M...eadid=12983647
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:23 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Budowsky
check this link, quite interesting to hear kiwi's whinging about NZ (god forbid anyone else to do it though...)

Hmm it's very interesting isn't it?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 9:46 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

OMG another forum :scared:
Old Oct 20th 2006, 2:59 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thread, read it all, thanks! Note posts 18, 26 and 27. Oz - especially the Gold Coast - doesn't actually appear to have seasons. I'd miss that.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 4:50 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz
Interesting thread, read it all, thanks! Note posts 18, 26 and 27. Oz - especially the Gold Coast - doesn't actually appear to have seasons. I'd miss that.
No seasons, just nice warm weather all year round.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:04 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
No seasons, just nice warm weather all year round.
I'd hate that - I love the winter. I need it to appreciate the summer
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

lol... just read some of the comments... if they think NZ weather is bad then they would hate UK. We just had a cold winter for Auckland but still 10 times better than what it wouldve been back in UK. Its all relative isnt it.
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:34 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
lol... just read some of the comments... if they think NZ weather is bad then they would hate UK. We just had a cold winter for Auckland but still 10 times better than what it wouldve been back in UK. Its all relative isnt it.

I think global warming has hit the UK as far as winter is concerned!! I heard the other day we've had the driest 5 months since records began; i

Only had the heating on twice so far and then its only been for 10 minutes. Altho' you see the price of gas and electricity these days and hypothermia is becoming an option fast!!
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:40 am
Banned

Budowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to beholdBudowsky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Maz

It does have seasons, hot and hotter! Its a tropical climate (wet season, dry season).
Old Oct 21st 2006, 1:57 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Well good luck. It's a gorgeous place in summer IMO. if the cold bothers you then make sure it's a more modern place and that you get good efficient heating or similar, and insulation.
In parts of Aus (Vic and Tas) houses are much the same as here with similar climate too though so bear that in mind.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the change if you're only worried about the weather then the rest will be easy as there are ways around it.
Canada is economically more strong then AUS.Australian are suffering more petrol crisis then Canadians.Oil is the next most important power of the world.Canadian citizens can work and live in US freely by their TN1 status.Where as Oz or NZ citizens need to apply for HSMP visa to work and live in UK.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:53 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by smurtaza
Canada is economically more strong then AUS.Australian are suffering more petrol crisis then Canadians.Oil is the next most important power of the world.Canadian citizens can work and live in US freely by their TN1 status.Where as Oz or NZ citizens need to apply for HSMP visa to work and live in UK.
The OZ economy is booming due to demand for its massive natural resources, unemployment is lower then Canada, and petrol prices are half that of the UK.
Canada's economy may be slightly larger but OZ's economy is growing faster.
Old Oct 21st 2006, 8:20 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
The OZ economy is booming due to demand for its massive natural resources, unemployment is lower then Canada, and petrol prices are half that of the UK.
Canada's economy may be slightly larger but OZ's economy is growing faster.
OZ currency is not as much valued as much as GBP or CAD or USD or Euro.In order to make consumer goods cheaper the currency have been devalued same like it is India for Indian Ruppees. Mostly everything is imported in OZ from China except its massive natural resources such as dairy products or imported international students.

Last edited by smurtaza; Oct 21st 2006 at 8:28 am. Reason: none