Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Don't Forget! Mothers Day in the UK today

Don't Forget! Mothers Day in the UK today

Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:25 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't Forget! Mothers Day in the UK today

For all those as useless as I am at remembering the different celebration days in the UK compared to NZ, thought I would just give you a nudge to say today is Mothers Day in the UK!

Just called home to wish her all the best. Of course, it's not flowers or cards, but better than my usual nothing as I ordinarily completely forget. I am a very bad son.

Hope this saves someone from their mum's doghouse!

And to all you mum's out there - Happy Mothers Day!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't Forget! Mothers Day in the UK today

Good daughter award for me then sent flowers and cards to mum and mum in law. got nice skype calls from both to say all had arrived

Phyl x
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:46 am

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Good daughter award for me then sent flowers and cards to mum and mum in law. got nice skype calls from both to say all had arrived
Nice one weejie brown-nose, now I have little pangs of guilt twinging away at me! Thanks for that
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:51 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
Nice one weejie brown-nose, now I have little pangs of guilt twinging away at me! Thanks for that
I forgot until my mum rang me and told me ...

Oh, and forgot my Dad's birthday too!

So, technically much worse than you!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:56 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh nuts!!!
Old Mar 14th 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I forgot until my mum rang me and told me ...

Oh, and forgot my Dad's birthday too!

So, technically much worse than you!
That is sweet, what a good effort (or lack of!). That was me last year, forgetting both parents birthdays, mothers and fathers day, and than *I* was a little upset they only send a card on my birthday. Some muvvers do 'ave 'em....

I've always known you and I were alike
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:03 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Oh bugger!
Even after some timely reminders on this forum and a mental note to myself to get on line and send flowers ....... I forgot..... until seeing this thread just now. Thank you.

Still - it's only 9am in the UK so plenty of time to ring Mum.
Can send flowers tomorrow and pretend the late delivery is the florist's fault.
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Denise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really niceDenise01292 is just really nice

Darrin bought me a lovely gift for Mothers' Day only to discover that when he went to buy the card, Mothers' Day isn't until May here. Lucky me - two pressies (hopefully)
Old Mar 14th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

For all those as useless as I am at remembering the different celebration days in the UK compared to NZ, thought I would just give you a nudge to say today is Mothers Day in the UK!

Just called home to wish her all the best. Of course, it's not flowers or cards, but better than my usual nothing as I ordinarily completely forget. I am a very bad son.

Hope this saves someone from their mum's doghouse!

And to all you mum's out there - Happy Mothers Day!
Just do the NZ mothers day for her in May, that's what we do

Why are the posting times a hour ahead???
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

oooopppssssss forgot .

Will send card in May so she can have 2 mothers days
Old Mar 14th 2010, 10:35 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot too But then I usually only remember when I see the cards in the shops. I think I told my Mam last year that the dates were different and that I'd 'use' the NZ one...
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

LOL

and you lot who use the NZ one..........no excuses,do what I did and use an online card service that delivers direct to them!!The card is not physically signed by you but you can write what you like in the card. I was going to use the NZ day but thought how I would feel if it was me who missed out while everyone else got treated. And after all,they don't live in NZ do they?

Phyl x
Old Mar 15th 2010, 1:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

We used the same service as you I think!
We found both the card and the postage much better value for money than buying and physically sending it.
Also it means you can still send Mother`s day & Father`s day cards etc.... when they are not available in the shops here.
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RobDon
We used the same service as you I think!
We found both the card and the postage much better value for money than buying and physically sending it.
Also it means you can still send Mother`s day & Father`s day cards etc.... when they are not available in the shops here.
My point exactly! and yes it was much cheaper to do this than to buy then post from here.

See Wiz,not the only brown-nose then!

Phyl x
Old Mar 15th 2010, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

shirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud ofshirlw has much to be proud of

Being in South Africa I always go by that one which is May so that way she gets a surprise out the blue......funnily enough Father's day is the same as UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.