British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Don't do it - (restarted) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/dont-do-restarted-673269/)

Myfanwyclogau Jun 21st 2010 4:19 am

Don't do it - (restarted)

Hi, before I start I would like to say that the term "Whinge" seems to only apply to Brits? why is that? are Kiwis permanently "Happy" with everything? "I think effing not!" That is why their kids are topping themselves in ever increasing numbers.

Having arrived only a few months ago I am absolutely disgusted at the "Lies" we were told about this "Pure" (No it isn't) country. Pure bullshit maybe, puerile even but "Pure" no no no. A Nelsonian informed me whilst ripping me off for "made up" car work required for registration, that, "If I was a Wanker they would find out in no time at all"! The Nelson grapevine would spread the news quickly: what he failed to tell me was how "I" could find out if "He" was a Wanker! and therein lies the issue; Kiwis seem to think it is "only they" who have the "Right" to have any issues! and that if you, as a Brit, complain about oh i dunno, say complain about the stinking damp freezing "SHED" they call a house, you are out of order!
Let me explain something to the NZer, in 200 years the British learned how to : Build and Insulate a dwelling, in 200 years you seem to have learned...........................how to charge like a raging bull and speak like the produce of it's daily intake! your dwellings are nothing more than Sheds, just like they were ooooh 200 years ago!
"Whinge is it"?
you can't even keep your own progeny here. One more thing , the Kiwi is a "Bird" the 2 legged inhabitants of this once beautiful place are "Brits" (in the main) If i left suffolk 200 years ago to live in Devon say, my offspring would still be British! just because you left the UK does not make you a new breed, you are just backward Brits!

Ta ta

Jan n Neil Jun 21st 2010 4:36 am

Re: Don't do it!

You sound very bitter but there is truth to most of your points it isn,t paradise far from it,

Sorry it hasn,t worked out for you

Neil

Robbie2010 Jun 21st 2010 5:41 am

Re: Don't do it

Originally Posted by Myfanwyclogau (Post 8645693)
Hi, before I start I would like to say that the term "Whinge" seems to only apply to Brits? why is that? are Kiwis permanently "Happy" with everything? "I think effing not!" That is why their kids are topping themselves in ever increasing numbers.

Having arrived only a few months ago I am absolutely disgusted at the "Lies" we were told about this "Pure" (No it isn't) country. Pure bullshit maybe, puerile even but "Pure" no no no. A Nelsonian informed me whilst ripping me off for "made up" car work required for registration, that, "If I was a Wanker they would find out in no time at all"! The Nelson grapevine would spread the news quickly: what he failed to tell me was how "I" could find out if "He" was a Wanker! and therein lies the issue; Kiwis seem to think it is "only they" who have the "Right" to have any issues! and that if you, as a Brit, complain about oh i dunno, say complain about the stinking damp freezing "SHED" they call a house, you are out of order!
Let me explain something to the NZer, in 200 years the British learned how to : Build and Insulate a dwelling, in 200 years you seem to have learned...........................how to charge like a raging bull and speak like the produce of it's daily intake! your dwellings are nothing more than Sheds, just like they were ooooh 200 years ago!
"Whinge is it"?
you can't even keep your own progeny here. One more thing , the Kiwi is a "Bird" the 2 legged inhabitants of this once beautiful place are "Brits" (in the main) If i left suffolk 200 years ago to live in Devon say, my offspring would still be British! just because you left the UK does not make you a new breed, you are just backward Brits!

Ta ta

And ...

Originally Posted by Myfanwyclogau (Post 8645693)

if you make a decision to leave the UK, make it then shut the f**ck up! adopt the lifestyle of the peoples you have chosen to live among and leave your baggage at heathrow terminal. (where the predominantly Asian handlers "WILL" rifle through it!) Stop using the word "Racism" where it has no place replacing the word "culturalism" In coming to NZ my partner and I "expect nothing" we will adapt to it's culture and try and contribute something it wants, not try and take out something we have not earned.

Spot the difference?

pestman Jun 21st 2010 7:03 am

Re: Don't do it - (restarted)

I would say who was the muppet who moved to the other side of the world based on hear say and not research.

I reckon people will take you as they FIND you and by the sound of it they have you just about pegged right.

Sure this place isnt eutopia but by the sound of your 'airport' attitude I would say that the chip has left your hand baggage and firmly flown across quite nicely on your shoulder

Myfanwyclogau Jun 21st 2010 7:05 am

Thank you for your "research" Rob, now let me explain why I am miffed.

I have one kidney it was removed in 1968 and I have been fine more or less since then. It was an issue that we had to jump through fiery hoops back in UK but finally, after much probing, Immigrazioni, said ok. so began our LTBV and the spending of 30K sterling moving out here: now, Immigrazioni don't want me here because a second set of tests show a very small change in kidney function, which by my UK Doctors advice is "Normal"
It now means an even bigger expense "escaping" from NZ because, as you will find if you look at other sites re NZ such as "Expatexposed", you will know it costs more to get out than get in! so please forgive me if I find your petty little research excersise nothing more than "fricking irritating"
Furthermore, whilst I have been here, I have not once been a "Whingeing Pom" I have accepted the ludicrous prices for produce that is "from NZ" in the same way everyone else has: I have accepted the frankly, unhealthy shoddy buildings (and I am living in one of the most expensive parts!) and I have endured the moronic comments like "cashed up Brit" which has even been uttered by Fanslowe Bell employees when telling me I am too Handsome and too intelligent for Nelson!! I have even laughed when I was told I would be paid "Sunshine wages" (heard that one have we?) do me a favour Rob, this is a joke of a country that even the Natives are leaving in their droves!
I at least tried it and am only "Whingeing" now I am actually "Leaving"

Myfanwyclogau Jun 21st 2010 7:12 am

Originally Posted by pestman (Post 8645823)
I would say who was the muppet who moved to the other side of the world based on hear say and not research.

I reckon people will take you as they FIND you and by the sound of it they have you just about pegged right.

Sure this place isnt eutopia but by the sound of your 'airport' attitude I would say that the chip has left your hand baggage and firmly flown across quite nicely on your shoulder

"I am quick to get into certain conversations" A quote from your other comment re me! yes you are, and also "without thinking"
my research was fine, and your insults are worthless to me because only a coward writes anonymously!

martyc Jun 21st 2010 7:27 am

Can they please divert his plane over the Bermuda Triangle?

martyc:wub:

Robbie2010 Jun 21st 2010 7:31 am

Once again I refer you to the words you wrote some time ago.

Originally Posted by Myfanwyclogau (Post 8645844)
if you make a decision to leave the UK, make it then shut the f**ck up! adopt the lifestyle of the peoples you have chosen to live among and leave your baggage at heathrow terminal !

You may not have been a Whinging Pom ... but you're certainly making up for it now.

simonsi Jun 21st 2010 7:39 am

So you were issued a LTBV without an MA referral but they have undone that just a few months after issue and referred you????

Sounds odd, if you want any help with that aspect then just ask.

"only a coward writes anonymously"

Ummm, pot, kettle???

BEVS Jun 21st 2010 7:53 am

You know. I have already cleaned up this thread and restarted it once.

Myfanwyclogau

I spent some time sorting out the thread for you after you got the 'ump from a misunderstanding and I restarted it for you. I also spent quite some of my free time sending you a PM which you could at least acknowledge and reply to.

For the record , Pestman is not anonymous. He is George. and in his own words "always will be and always has been" . His post style is not good at times and needs work ......... & a little thought . A 'think before you post' approach would do him good but exactly the same applies to you.

To be honest, reading you latest post, I am now not sure why you are miffed.

I took it to be you were simply 'over NZ'. That happens all the time, but perhaps there are other reasons.

Instead of simply lashing out all over the place, can you at least calmly speak about what has got you to the place you find yourself in.

BEVS Jun 21st 2010 7:56 am

... and do you know what ? It is amazing just who pops up on-line when something like this kicks off.
That makes all of you ,that get off on this ,from the same pot and kettle.

Wilester Jun 21st 2010 8:10 am

I am just starting out on my quest so i have very little knowledge on anything kiwi However :rolleyes:

The OP could easily apply to the UK there are areas in the UK i wouldnt take my wife to and there are a million cowboy mechanics.

I am trawling these forums trying to gather peoples views and i do have to say it is eye opening. In the main it people have positive views but when it goes bad it appears to go very bad :confused:

Regard to housing i have seen alot of posts regarding damp poor quality etc so i am expecting this it will not come as a suprise to me.

irnbru14 Jun 21st 2010 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Myfanwyclogau (Post 8645830)
Thank you for your "research" Rob, now let me explain why I am miffed.

I have one kidney it was removed in 1968 and I have been fine more or less since then. It was an issue that we had to jump through fiery hoops back in UK but finally, after much probing, Immigrazioni, said ok. so began our LTBV and the spending of 30K sterling moving out here: now, Immigrazioni don't want me here because a second set of tests show a very small change in kidney function, which by my UK Doctors advice is "Normal"
It now means an even bigger expense "escaping" from NZ because, as you will find if you look at other sites re NZ such as "Expatexposed", you will know it costs more to get out than get in! so please forgive me if I find your petty little research excersise nothing more than "fricking irritating"
Furthermore, whilst I have been here, I have not once been a "Whingeing Pom" I have accepted the ludicrous prices for produce that is "from NZ" in the same way everyone else has: I have accepted the frankly, unhealthy shoddy buildings (and I am living in one of the most expensive parts!) and I have endured the moronic comments like "cashed up Brit" which has even been uttered by Fanslowe Bell employees when telling me I am too Handsome and too intelligent for Nelson!! I have even laughed when I was told I would be paid "Sunshine wages" (heard that one have we?) do me a favour Rob, this is a joke of a country that even the Natives are leaving in their droves!
I at least tried it and am only "Whingeing" now I am actually "Leaving"

Sorry it hasn't worked out for you for whatever reasons, but if you moved here without doing your own thorough research about exactly what you were getting into, then am affraid that may actually be your fault, like any new place you live you need to give it time and allow yourself to adapt, sounds like you haven't done this. I hope you manage to settle in wherever you end up in the world.

Oh and this joke of a country is actually doing rather well at the World Cup... :thumbsup:

Matewx Jun 21st 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by pestman (Post 8645823)

Answer: Me! :D

And let me tell you, it's not been exactly "easy as" and a year later a lot has happened... Am about to start a new single life but am happy! Am enjoying my life in NZ, enjoying the people am meeting, enjoying it all really (maybe not so much the splitting bit, but hey!!)...

Now, I never said I was coming here to "stay" here... I'll spend a few years here & then I'll move on... :thumbsup:

Myfanwyclogau Jun 21st 2010 9:30 am

I do not get why "Any" of you think I should be remotely benevolent when I have been royally shafted! maybe my plane will go missing over a Bermuda triangle, quite frankly NZ went that way many years ago!
I thought this forum would be perhaps an unbiased place from where I could air my opinion without the unpleasant personal comments? wrong, as I was about a thing called "Fair play" I am extremely pleased for any of you who have come here and it has all worked out, dead chuffed, but do not delude yourseves that anyone who has issues is either a whinger or a "chip on shoulder" pom! there is another site that speaks from the "other side". there is no point all patting eachother on the back and saying "Ooh, aren't we all successful little immigrants" and "isn't it everything it was billed as" when the truth is far from that.
MY issue, as elucidated in earlier post, is that I was conned and lied to by Immigration; that is a "Fact" borne out by paperwork, I Shall be looking into taking this country to litigation "and" making my views and experiences as public as I am able, using whatever forum I can.
It should be noted that the procedure for entering this place on a LTBV is onerous in the extreme and being allowed in with all the expense that entails, and then being told "er sorry but we don't like your kidney test" "After" arriving! forgive me, that is shitty. I am NOT the only person to have issues with NZ Immigration and frankly, I am not wasting any more of my time or money on this stupid irrelevant little country. Goodbye and good luck.