Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dongle's for Laptops?

Dongle's for Laptops?

Old Feb 15th 2009, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dongle's for Laptops?

We have a 3G dongle we use on our laptop in UK (for thoses who don't know what a Dongle is, it's a USB pen you insert into the side of your laptop and you can gain access to the laptop anywhere you go), I was just wondering would it work in NZ? We are currently Pay as you go.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dongle's for Laptops?

Originally Posted by teebrown
We have a 3G dongle we use on our laptop in UK (for thoses who don't know what a Dongle is, it's a USB pen you insert into the side of your laptop and you can gain access to the laptop anywhere you go), I was just wondering would it work in NZ? We are currently Pay as you go.

Hi, i'm not to sure if it will workover here is it the one with a sim card in it???
If so it may just be the same as a phone, but i would go to the 3 website and ask them... but on the other hand we do have mobile broadband over here!!!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

jjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud ofjjthefridge has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by teebrown

Hi,
i used uk mobile last year whilst in nz, £1.50 per minute, i'm on o2 for my dongle and been told if outside uk, its not part of inclusive time, so guess it'll cost lads to use, get a vodaphone dongle out there and get out of 3 contract.

good luck.

j.j.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that.