Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dogs and furniture...

Dogs and furniture...

Old Jan 24th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough
Default Dogs and furniture...

Yes, lumped together in the same thread to save time!

For those of you who took your dogs out I would really be iterested to know how much it cost you, if you don´t mind telling.

Also, would like to hear from some of you who took some furniture (and if so how much) and how much it cost you v some of you who just took clothes, personal bits, a computer and a few other odds and sods, and how much that cost you.

Trying to assess what the damage is likely to be...
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dogs and furniture...

Originally Posted by Danemad
Yes, lumped together in the same thread to save time!

For those of you who took your dogs out I would really be iterested to know how much it cost you, if you don´t mind telling.

Also, would like to hear from some of you who took some furniture (and if so how much) and how much it cost you v some of you who just took clothes, personal bits, a computer and a few other odds and sods, and how much that cost you.

Trying to assess what the damage is likely to be...
I didn't take an animal there but I did bring my cat back and that cost me approx 2000NZD. When I went to NZ I shipped about 11 tea chests of books and CDs; a 6 foot mirror; 2 or 3 tea chests of clothes; kitchen paraphernalia; stereo; other sundry stuff; a Victorian blanket box (approx 1 metre long, 50cm high, 50 cm deep; a small wooden chest; and no doubt other sundry items which I have now forgotten and it cost me about 400GBP.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mazi
I didn't take an animal there but I did bring my cat back and that cost me approx 2000NZD. When I went to NZ I shipped about 11 tea chests of books and CDs; a 6 foot mirror; 2 or 3 tea chests of clothes; kitchen paraphernalia; stereo; other sundry stuff; a Victorian blanket box (approx 1 metre long, 50cm high, 50 cm deep; a small wooden chest; and no doubt other sundry items which I have now forgotten and it cost me about 400GBP.
You'll note no massive furniture though.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Danemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the roughDanemad is a jewel in the rough

Thanks.... that doesn´t seem all that bad at all. I don´t think I´ll bother with the furniture.. it can´t be worth it as I´d have to take it back to the UK from Spain to start with and then back out to NZ...
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:49 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks.... that doesn´t seem all that bad at all. I don´t think I´ll bother with the furniture.. it can´t be worth it as I´d have to take it back to the UK from Spain to start with and then back out to NZ...
I can't find the quote at the moment, but it's roughly £6,500 - £7,000 + £800 approx. vets bills for 2 dobermans ... ouch!!!
Old Jan 24th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Roughly £500 for vet bills and £1,500 for a collie sized dog and £1,200 for three cats.

Bear in mind we emigrated in 2003, our 20ft container which was filled with the contents of a 3 bed semi, cost £2,500. I think the cost of shipping has gone up somewhat since then though...

Mazi, what UK shipper did you use for your small items... just wondering about a small trip to the UK I'm making and wanting to send some stuff back to NZ.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dlmckay

Mazi, what UK shipper did you use for your small items... just wondering about a small trip to the UK I'm making and wanting to send some stuff back to NZ.
I think they were called Britannia or something - fairly certain that was in the name somewhere. But that was also in 2003.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that.

Am Loolah... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:48 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that.

Am Loolah... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Tell me about it, as I say that's roughly around what I could remember, but I get easily confused with information overload. I shall look for it this evening and give you the actual precise figure!

We're using Britannia Lanes for our 40 ft container. Glad to hear they're ok.