British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Dogs and furniture... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/dogs-furniture-421253/)

Danemad Jan 24th 2007 10:38 am

Dogs and furniture...

Yes, lumped together in the same thread to save time!

For those of you who took your dogs out I would really be iterested to know how much it cost you, if you don´t mind telling.

Also, would like to hear from some of you who took some furniture (and if so how much) and how much it cost you v some of you who just took clothes, personal bits, a computer and a few other odds and sods, and how much that cost you.

Trying to assess what the damage is likely to be... :ohmy:

mazi Jan 24th 2007 11:02 am

Re: Dogs and furniture...

Originally Posted by Danemad (Post 4319619)
Yes, lumped together in the same thread to save time!

For those of you who took your dogs out I would really be iterested to know how much it cost you, if you don´t mind telling.

Also, would like to hear from some of you who took some furniture (and if so how much) and how much it cost you v some of you who just took clothes, personal bits, a computer and a few other odds and sods, and how much that cost you.

Trying to assess what the damage is likely to be... :ohmy:

I didn't take an animal there but I did bring my cat back and that cost me approx 2000NZD. When I went to NZ I shipped about 11 tea chests of books and CDs; a 6 foot mirror; 2 or 3 tea chests of clothes; kitchen paraphernalia; stereo; other sundry stuff; a Victorian blanket box (approx 1 metre long, 50cm high, 50 cm deep; a small wooden chest; and no doubt other sundry items which I have now forgotten and it cost me about 400GBP.

mazi Jan 24th 2007 11:02 am

Originally Posted by mazi (Post 4319693)
I didn't take an animal there but I did bring my cat back and that cost me approx 2000NZD. When I went to NZ I shipped about 11 tea chests of books and CDs; a 6 foot mirror; 2 or 3 tea chests of clothes; kitchen paraphernalia; stereo; other sundry stuff; a Victorian blanket box (approx 1 metre long, 50cm high, 50 cm deep; a small wooden chest; and no doubt other sundry items which I have now forgotten and it cost me about 400GBP.

You'll note no massive furniture though.

Danemad Jan 24th 2007 11:05 am

Thanks.... that doesn´t seem all that bad at all. I don´t think I´ll bother with the furniture.. it can´t be worth it as I´d have to take it back to the UK from Spain to start with and then back out to NZ...

Am Loolah Jan 24th 2007 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Danemad (Post 4319707)
Thanks.... that doesn´t seem all that bad at all. I don´t think I´ll bother with the furniture.. it can´t be worth it as I´d have to take it back to the UK from Spain to start with and then back out to NZ...

I can't find the quote at the moment, but it's roughly £6,500 - £7,000 + £800 approx. vets bills for 2 dobermans ... ouch!!!:ohmy:

dlmckay Jan 24th 2007 8:58 pm

Roughly £500 for vet bills and £1,500 for a collie sized dog and £1,200 for three cats.

Bear in mind we emigrated in 2003, our 20ft container which was filled with the contents of a 3 bed semi, cost £2,500. I think the cost of shipping has gone up somewhat since then though...

Mazi, what UK shipper did you use for your small items... just wondering about a small trip to the UK I'm making and wanting to send some stuff back to NZ.

mazi Jan 25th 2007 5:16 am

Originally Posted by dlmckay (Post 4321949)

Mazi, what UK shipper did you use for your small items... just wondering about a small trip to the UK I'm making and wanting to send some stuff back to NZ.

I think they were called Britannia or something - fairly certain that was in the name somewhere. But that was also in 2003.

Danemad Jan 25th 2007 9:12 am

Thanks for that.

Am Loolah... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Am Loolah Jan 25th 2007 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Danemad (Post 4323610)
Thanks for that.

Am Loolah... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tell me about it, as I say that's roughly around what I could remember, but I get easily confused with information overload. I shall look for it this evening and give you the actual precise figure!

We're using Britannia Lanes for our 40 ft container. Glad to hear they're ok.:)