dogs

Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:54 pm
  #31  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Nelson NZ
Posts: 45
4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice
Default Re: dogs

Hi, not sure where you are but we used Par Air, at Stanway, near Colchester. They're a very old company and have been doing this for years, I think one of the oldest around. We shipped 3 cats and a cocker Spaniel, it cost 3,500 GBP all in, including vets bills, paperwork etc, we all travelled through Hong Kong with no problems whatsoever as Bevs has said, and they flew on the same flight as us, all the way to "Sunny Nelson" There was absolutely no waiting for any paperwork and we picked them up along with our luggage and took them home. A bit hungry and glad to see us, but nothing worse than that. I have heard of peoples animals dying through stress on the way to Heathrow!!!! and not even making the long journey, so it depends on your own pet and how stressful he/she is generally. Good luck anyway.
4kiwi4 is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:14 am
  #32  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 336
harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dogs

Originally Posted by 4kiwi4 View Post
Hi, not sure where you are but we used Par Air, at Stanway, near Colchester. They're a very old company and have been doing this for years, I think one of the oldest around. We shipped 3 cats and a cocker Spaniel, it cost 3,500 GBP all in, including vets bills, paperwork etc, we all travelled through Hong Kong with no problems whatsoever as Bevs has said, and they flew on the same flight as us, all the way to "Sunny Nelson" There was absolutely no waiting for any paperwork and we picked them up along with our luggage and took them home. A bit hungry and glad to see us, but nothing worse than that. I have heard of peoples animals dying through stress on the way to Heathrow!!!! and not even making the long journey, so it depends on your own pet and how stressful he/she is generally. Good luck
anyway.
Hi just to advise you that pets going vin Hong Kong was stoped at one point last year as two dogs and a cat died due to the plane missing its take off spot and was sat waiting in high heat for some time!!! for new take off time( had been inspected on arrival was ok)
just see if it now been sorted as the owners now in NZ from the UK without the pets
Lin

Last edited by harrogate girl; Apr 19th 2009 at 12:17 am.
harrogate girl is offline  
Old Apr 19th 2009, 12:48 am
  #33  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
woodrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dogs

Just for information, we moved to NZ from UK in 2007 and used Golden Arrow to ship the idiot. Investigated all the UK companies and they seemed to have the best feedback. Costs were on a par with the other shippers. Feels odd these days dealing by phone for everything but it worked out perfectly. They know what they're doing and have a genuine interest in the animals they ship; our dog is over protective and takes a while to loosen up with people and we were concerned that he would be stressed by the whole process, GA called me the day before he was due to fly out to let me know that he was fine and that far from being upset was in fact lying on his back in the GA office snoring. They used Air NZ via LAX for the shipping as this seems to be the safest routing. All paperwork and vetting was in order on arrival and, far from being stressed, he arrived bright eyed, bushy tailed and showing an interest in the new surroundings. No ill effects or jet lag. Can't recommend GA highly enough, I think the dog had a better travel experience than we did. Hope that this helps.
woodrock is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2009, 2:52 am
  #34  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: chch ex yorkshire
Posts: 145
dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice
Default Re: dogs

hi,

We used airpets for our two terriers, flew via LA, no problems at all, that was 5 years ago and they are older and fatter just like me lol
dubstar is offline  
Old Apr 20th 2009, 7:27 pm
  #35  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
woodrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: dogs

Heard from another expat forum that Golden Arrow now have a website:- www.goldenarrowshippers.com.
woodrock is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2009, 12:12 pm
  #36  
mmmmmm duff
 
MarkMC's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Maudsland, Gold Coast, QLD
Posts: 1,629
MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: dogs

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
This is a really impotant bit of info for any pet owner. If we do make the move we have a very precious boxer to bring with us. As you can imagine I am very stressed about the idea of flying him all that way for the very fact that something could happen to him. I have even considered not moving at all because of it. I will defo not be flying him anywhere near hong kong or singapore now. Thanks for a very helpful tip xxx
We flew two boxers out to Sydney, I phoned Lady Haye and they had no idea what they were talking about and told us no one would fly a boxer because of there faces. I then phoned Airpets and they were great sorted everything for me and they landed in Australia last year safe and well. They flew via Hong Kong but landed in the evening and were only there for 1 hour.
Airpets told me as it was a straight through flight they wouldn't be removed from the plane. I had the same worries as you with our two and thought the same about not moving because of them. But they have settle really well and enjoy there new life here.
MarkMC is offline  
Old Apr 21st 2009, 6:42 pm
  #37  
Forum Regular
 
Lee Lee's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of
Default Re: dogs

Originally Posted by MarkMC View Post
We flew two boxers out to Sydney, I phoned Lady Haye and they had no idea what they were talking about and told us no one would fly a boxer because of there faces. I then phoned Airpets and they were great sorted everything for me and they landed in Australia last year safe and well. They flew via Hong Kong but landed in the evening and were only there for 1 hour.
Airpets told me as it was a straight through flight they wouldn't be removed from the plane. I had the same worries as you with our two and thought the same about not moving because of them. But they have settle really well and enjoy there new life here.
Thanks I feel better knowing someone else has managed to get their boxer over safely. Especially as boxers are known to bit a bit mad! I was worried about how he's gonna be stuck in a box for a whole day - he's a real cry baby!
Lee Lee is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2009, 3:54 am
  #38  
mmmmmm duff
 
MarkMC's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Maudsland, Gold Coast, QLD
Posts: 1,629
MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: dogs

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
Thanks I feel better knowing someone else has managed to get their boxer over safely. Especially as boxers are known to bit a bit mad! I was worried about how he's gonna be stuck in a box for a whole day - he's a real cry baby!
I know how you feel my youngest Kymba is fine with anything so she was no problem. Cooper is more nervous than her so he was the worry as he hates loud noises. But I put one of his favorite blankets in the box with him which he had been sleeping on the night before hoping something of his would help him settle a bit more. I was very surprised how well they both coped with it all. They have now been here 7 months in Australia and love there new life.
I'm sure he will be fine. Good luck with the move and I hope it all goes well.
MarkMC is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.