Dogs!

Old Jul 21st 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dogs!

If we are lucky enough to get our PR, we will be bringing our GSD/Collie cross dog with us.
He has a dodgy stomach and can only eat a certain brand of commercial dog food - Chappie! Does anyone know if it's available in NZ (perhaps under a different name?). Also - dog poo bags! I buy 125 for 99p in Poundstretcher, are they widely available or should I fill container with them?
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dogs!

I can't recall seeing chappie, but there is quite a good range of foods available so you might be able to find him something suitable. You can buy the bags here, I think they are quite cheap. Also, the supermarkets here don't punch holes in all their carrier bags like the UK ones do (why?), so it's safe to use these as poo bags.
Good luck with the move
Old Jul 21st 2008, 9:46 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

don't laugh! but I am still using poo bags we brought over three years ago! I seemed to have this huge stock and just brought them. You can get them here but I've found it' pet shops rather than the supermarket. The wee warehouse bags are good
Sorry I havent seen chappie, I'll look out for you today cos we're going to get some stuff from the supermarket.

Our dog loves his new life here. Good luck with your PR.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:53 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Who is the manufacturer of the Chappie brand ? It seems to be Mars Inc.

Chappie may well be called something else here and labeled differently.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 3:19 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

This gives a list of pet food brands Mars Inc manufacture

http://www.mars.com/NR/rdonlyres/B7F...tApril2008.pdf

Maybe one of those is here is NZ?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:04 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Well I just had a look in our local new world to see if there was any Chappie and sadly there wasn't. There is a new purina, though that says it's for dogs with sensitive tummies.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
This gives a list of pet food brands Mars Inc manufacture

http://www.mars.com/NR/rdonlyres/B7F...tApril2008.pdf

Maybe one of those is here is NZ?
Optimum / Pedigree and Royal Canin from the list quoted are all here
Cheers
Vicki
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to everyone!

Carrier bags are becoming rather rare in the UK (even with their holes!). Our local Tesco has announced there will no longer be any on show from 28th. Will have to go and stock up before then, cos I use them as bin liners, for wet knickers at Nursery (the girls', not mine ) and so much more!

May be trial and error for the dog food then - small price to pay!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Chappie is good for sensitive tummies... make a note of the make up of it (percentages of protein et al) and then try to find a similar make up of another brand here.

If he's got a sensitive tummy, you may find a raw diet better for me (and more cost effective!) - check out Ian Billinghurst's book Give Your Dog a Bone or read this http://www.barfaustralia.com/
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jacky here,we brought our dog over a year ago,he is very fussy about his eating ,he changes his mind from day to day what he likes and doesn't like

IMHO there is not a big selection of tinned dog food here...they seem to be more into there cheap and cheerful dog food in a roll,we tried this once thinking it would be ok and ended up with a vets bill and a lot of cleaning up to doour dog has a very dodgy tummy too...we try to stick to the pedigree chum solid food(no gravy)seems to agree with him..unfortunately he would much rather have whatever we are eating..and he usually wins...

As for doggy bags,bring as many of the free bags over with you as you can,we have just ran out after a year and are now buying cheap nappy bags...and they are scented so you don't get that smell when you stand down windhope this helps...Jacky
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again everyone!

Jacky - big dog, big poo! Prefer black bags so I can't see whats in it! Will stock up at Poundstretcher then! Will also look at his diet - make it as pleasant as poss for everyone!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I just found a box of black bags in a drawer - $2 for 50 and they're quite a good size. I think they came from the $2 shop, warehouse or pet shop.