Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dog walking area's in S/Auckland

Dog walking area's in S/Auckland

Old Mar 29th 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of
Default Dog walking area's in S/Auckland

Hi,

Does anyone know of a decent dog walking area in the South Auckland area?

I have an old Ridgeback who can't walk up large hills, but loves to rummage around off the lead, if possible, in the long grass. He's well behaved, and doesn't usually leave my side. I don't really want to travel more than 1/2 hour from home (papakura). Can anyone help? A nice walk of 2-3k's would be ideal.
Old Mar 29th 2006, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dog walking area's in S/Auckland

Originally Posted by kooga61
Hi,

Does anyone know of a decent dog walking area in the South Auckland area?

I have an old Ridgeback who can't walk up large hills, but loves to rummage around off the lead, if possible, in the long grass. He's well behaved, and doesn't usually leave my side. I don't really want to travel more than 1/2 hour from home (papakura). Can anyone help? A nice walk of 2-3k's would be ideal.

Hi!
Dont have a dog myself (yet! ), but the girl I go to college with does and lives in Ararimu. She takes loads of walks with her doggies! Will see her today so will ask and let you know later!!

Take care
Love Cathy
x
Old Mar 29th 2006, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

Thanks any info' would be greatly appreciated.

Kooga

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi!
Dont have a dog myself (yet! ), but the girl I go to college with does and lives in Ararimu. She takes loads of walks with her doggies! Will see her today so will ask and let you know later!!

Take care
Love Cathy
x
Old Mar 31st 2006, 1:35 am
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Hi again!
Have spoken to my friend. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be many areas around there specifically for walking the pooches! However, she recommends phoning the local council, in this case Manukau,and possibly Franklyn, and asking them. Am reassured that they will send you any details you need.
Sorry can't be more specific, but I hope that helps!
Let me know how you get on!
Take care
Love Cathy
xxxx
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:49 am
D&W
Forum Regular

D&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the roughD&W is a jewel in the rough

We are living in Wattle Downs, which is about 5-10 min drive north of papakura. There you can walk your dog off leash along the coast in the reserve. It's a really nice walk way with little beaches where the dogs can go for a swim. Our dogs love it!!

You can also take your dog to the botanic Gardens or to the Totara Park.

Happy walking!
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D&W
We are living in Wattle Downs, which is about 5-10 min drive north of papakura. There you can walk your dog off leash along the coast in the reserve. It's a really nice walk way with little beaches where the dogs can go for a swim. Our dogs love it!!

You can also take your dog to the botanic Gardens or to the Totara Park.

Happy walking!
Hi... we lived at Wattle Downs for a few weeks when we got here last June. We were at Lothian Brae. We moved out to Beachlands as I needed to live near some fields so that I could keep a horse. How are you getting on at Wattle Downs?
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

annaerb will become famous soon enoughannaerb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SarahB
Hi... we lived at Wattle Downs for a few weeks when we got here last June. We were at Lothian Brae. We moved out to Beachlands as I needed to live near some fields so that I could keep a horse. How are you getting on at Wattle Downs?

That's funny Sarah, My MIL lives in Lothian Brae

There are certain times you can have your dog running freely. I'll see if I can find it and get back to you.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annaerb
That's funny Sarah, My MIL lives in Lothian Brae
Lothian Brae is a nice tidy road. We rented a house there for 3 weeks. OH wanted to be near a beach and I wanted a horse so we couldnt stay there.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Here we go:

http://www.manukau.govt.nz/dogs/exercise.htm#off
http://www.pdc.govt.nz/dogs.htm
http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/coun...se.asp#eastern
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SarahB
Lothian Brae is a nice tidy road. We rented a house there for 3 weeks. OH wanted to be near a beach and I wanted a horse so we couldnt stay there.

I think you've picked the best place to live I think so anyway.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by annaerb
I think you've picked the best place to live I think so anyway.
Yep me too!!