dog export

Old Aug 27th 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default dog export

I would like to know if anybody has taken theire dog with them to Newzealand.How did the dog cope and what was the cost.
Ray
Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:26 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: dog export

Oooo. I'm going to move this into the main NZ forum.

Loads of us have brought out our animals.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on size of dog. Budget for about £2000 for a medium sized (collie) dog. We have a staffie, collie and a GSD and it was £6400 with Golden Arrow plus about £350 for all the health checks by our vet.

Dogs go in Hold 5 on the Air New Zealand flight, through the US in the summer as Hong Kong is too hot for them. Everyone on here will tell you their dogs were fine on arrival, I'm sure...... it doesn;t seem to be a problem apart from jet lag. We collect ours after their flight next week and I can't wait!!!
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:22 am
`

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
We collect ours after their flight next week and I can't wait!!!
It's the best feeling.

We brought over our two cats with no problems at all. They breezed it

There are several pet exporting companies to choose from

Airpets
and Golden Arrow are two. There are more out there which other people have used.
They will all talk you through the process step by step and help with the paperwork.They will also give you a guide as to the price .
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a shame we may not have a house to take ours to straight away: but they are booked into a lovely kennels and we have been told "Mum and Dad" can visit as often as we want.

Mum and Dad ....... huh
Old Aug 28th 2009, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

anniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud ofanniiee has much to be proud of

Hi,

We are using passports for pets to send our golden retriever. The cost is £2201.71 this includes collecting her from Yorkshire and taking her down to Heathrow plus two nights boarding.
So far they have been fantastic, keeping in touch and answering all questions very promptly. Not sure how she'll cope with the journey as yet thats not for a couple of weeks so fingers crossed
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

steelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud ofsteelblue has much to be proud of
Smile Re: dog export

Hi,
We used LadyHaye Pet Travel and they were great !
Rhoda arrived just as happy as she had left the UK, tail still wagging! She travelled via Air NZ LAX.

One little tip I would give you is...
When you go to collect your dog, the large wooden crate they used to transport your dog is yours to keep.
Many people here have their UTE's (Toyota pick-up trucks and the like) with the crate in the back for the dog to travel in.

Had we have known the crate was 'ours' we'd have arranged to bring it back with us, as on the day we didn't have room in the car. But to buy one now would cost a small fortune!
Or even arranging a carrier to collect and drop it off for us - but didn't think of that one till two weeks after we picked her up!

Make sure you take your wallet ! More fees to pay at the airport MAF etc.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by BEVS
It's the best feeling.

We brought over our two cats with no problems at all. They breezed it

There are several pet exporting companies to choose from

Airpets
and Golden Arrow are two. There are more out there which other people have used.
They will all talk you through the process step by step and help with the paperwork.They will also give you a guide as to the price .
Hi Bevs - how much did your cats cost to bring over (if you don't mind me asking)
Old Aug 30th 2009, 8:46 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yjx1nt7
I would like to know if anybody has taken theire dog with them to Newzealand.How did the dog cope and what was the cost.
Ray
Yup, 2 dobermans - 6,000 GBP all in.

They were absolutely fine though and I was very pleased with the service we received from Airpets.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

Foxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud ofFoxesecho has much to be proud of

Our two dogs came over with Golden Arrow at a cost of £3500. They arrived safe and happy and we were all walking along the beach by 6am on the day of their arrival
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:11 pm
`

Originally Posted by Cadibel
Hi Bevs - how much did your cats cost to bring over (if you don't mind me asking)
OO. Now you're asking.
We came 5 years ago but I'll go and see if I have the old paperwork & give you the lowdown if I can.