DOG

Old Feb 1st 2009, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough
Default DOG

Hi all we would love to bring our dog to New Zealand however i have heard that because she is a Mongrel and not pedigree we are not able to do so can anyone shed any light on the subject please.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all
Default Re: DOG

Hi

I have never heard that before! I'll be interested in the replies on here. We are arranging our dogs flights at the moment so I will ask about this and get back to you.

Becky
Old Feb 1st 2009, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

tonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the roughtonyhelen is a jewel in the rough

I hope that we have heard wrong and we can bring our dog as she is part of our family please let us know how you get on

Many thanks Tony&Helen
Old Feb 1st 2009, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Neither of my 2 are pedigrees and they are booked to come over on the 18th Feb. None of the 5 or 6 firms I contacted for a quote asked about their pedigree they were only interested in their sizes for shipping.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Thats good news may we ask what sort of costs are involved our dog is the size of a collie.

Tony
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Hi we brought our dog 18 months ago and he is a fully fledged mongrelthe only thing i have heard off regarding dogs not being allowed in has to do with the dangerous dog act....I think certain breeds of pit bulls are not allowed in....so I suppose depending on the mix of your dog....but when we brought our dog over it was 6 pages of legislation for the vet to work through...And it seems to change all the time so might even be more now...good luck with the dog....our dog was 12 when we brought him over and managed the trip with no problems...hope this helps...Jacky
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

becky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to allbecky667 is a name known to all

That is good news.

Our belgian shepherd is roughly the size of a large collie. We have had numerous quotes that are as follows:

No vets fees included £2030
With most vets fees included £2780

So you can see its an expensive business! Still wouldn't leave him behind

Becky
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Thats good news may we ask what sort of costs are involved our dog is the size of a collie.

Tony
Cost wise including vet fees ,we were about 3.000 pounds..but we used a company the vet recomended...she said they were more expensive than other one but in her experience they were worth paying the extra for....and being up in Scotland we only had the choice of 2 companys...our dog is about collie size too...
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all we can now apply that to our budget
Old Feb 1st 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

NermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really niceNermaltheCute is just really nice

Our 2 dogs are costing us £5200 including most vet fees and collection from home. One is a german shepard cross, the other a border collie.

Glad to hear Jacky's 12 year old travelled ok as the GSD is 10.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice4kiwi4 is just really nice

Hi, We came out to NZ 16 months ago with a 12 year old cocker spaniel, and I agree, I think it's only the " dangerous dog act" that limits what breed/x-breed that you bring in, I had to sign a form to say that my "soppy looking, soft, cocker" wasn't a dangerous breed!!!! so go for it, she survived the journey OK and has had a new lease of life since arriving.
Oh and we paid 3,500 GBP for a cocker and 3 cats, including made to measure crates, flights etc, so have a ring around, it depends where you are, but I used Parair in Stansted Nr Colchester Essex.
Well good luck anyway.
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 10:42 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tonyhelen
Hi all we would love to bring our dog to New Zealand however i have heard that because she is a Mongrel and not pedigree we are not able to do so can anyone shed any light on the subject please.
Who told you that.

Of course you can bring your dog. It doesn't matter if she is a mongrel or not.

Contact a pet shipper like Airpets at heathrow and have a chat.

There are some banned breeds though
The following four breeds cannot be imported into New Zealand: American Pit Bull Terrier, Dogo Argentino, Brazilian Fila, and Japanese Tosa
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you all our minds are now at rest we will be bringing our dog with us looking out of our window at the moment and seeing the snow falling it cant come soon enough.

Tony