British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Doesn't it come round quick!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/doesnt-come-round-quick-627067/)

Jan n Neil Aug 23rd 2009 7:46 am

Doesn't it come round quick!!!

From job offer on 17th March to BOTH getting temporary visas, finally, today we are organising the last things ready for John Mason to pack tomorrow. I have cunningly left a bucket of dilute Jeyes fluid next to the motorbike and garden stuff in the hope that the fumes will permeate :rofl: and we have the very last goodbye meal with friends tonight...

So, all of you who can't imagine the day, neither could I, but it's nearly here. :thumbsup: I'm amazed and surprised and excited and feel strange, all at once. And I am not actually too sad to be leaving everyone I love, but of course we're not there yet, that will hit when we're there I'm sure.

And just to make sure I'm not bored, my new employers have FILLED my diary with meetings in the first week :rofl:

Jan

Persephone Aug 23rd 2009 8:17 am

Re: Doesn't it come round quick!!!

Congratulations on finally making it and TOGETHER:thumbsup:
Great that Neil got his visa so you're not having to worry about him entering NZ!
Enjoy the meal tonight, eat and drink lots:thumbup:
Sue :D

alchris Aug 23rd 2009 9:46 am

:thumbsup: so very glad to hear its all worked out for you both, enjoy tonight. All the very best
Chris x

bevissa65 Aug 23rd 2009 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil (Post 7868237)
From job offer on 17th March to BOTH getting temporary visas, finally, today we are organising the last things ready for John Mason to pack tomorrow. I have cunningly left a bucket of dilute Jeyes fluid next to the motorbike and garden stuff in the hope that the fumes will permeate :rofl: and we have the very last goodbye meal with friends tonight...

So, all of you who can't imagine the day, neither could I, but it's nearly here. :thumbsup: I'm amazed and surprised and excited and feel strange, all at once. And I am not actually too sad to be leaving everyone I love, but of course we're not there yet, that will hit when we're there I'm sure.

And just to make sure I'm not bored, my new employers have FILLED my diary with meetings in the first week :rofl:

Jan

Enjoy :thumbsup: Hope you have a good flight :D Bevissa

Dewb09 Aug 23rd 2009 10:40 am

Jan

Thanks for that Jan :thumbsup:

Have a lovely meal with your friends, must be almost surreal.
After your rollercoster of a ride glad its all worked out for you both :wub:

Have a very safe journey, look forward to "we here" thread

Dewb xx

Denise01292 Aug 23rd 2009 4:51 pm

Congrats - all the best :thumbsup:

MnB Aug 23rd 2009 9:39 pm

Jan

Hi Jan & Neil

So glad its all worked out for you both, have a safe trip, keep us posted and enjoy!
B x

BEVS Aug 23rd 2009 11:52 pm

Safe journey and Happy Landings to you both. :thumbup:

scrubbedexpat094 Aug 24th 2009 6:37 am

Have a good flight & wishing you well on your new life in NZ. Enjoy the adventure :thumbup: Best wishes:)

weejie Aug 24th 2009 7:33 am

Hope the packing went well and that your flights a good one. Safe journey

Phyl x

127luton Aug 24th 2009 2:01 pm

I feel so pleased for both of you!!
Have a wonderful journey... look forward to hearing how things go for you.. The very Best of Luck..:thumbsup:

love
Berni xxx

Tomsk Aug 24th 2009 7:45 pm

Oh, congratulations, so glad you're finally on your way. Safe journey and don't forget to come back and tell us all about your new life in NZ :thumbsup:

willand tina_h Aug 24th 2009 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Tomsk (Post 7871808)
Oh, congratulations, so glad you're finally on your way. Safe journey and don't forget to come back and tell us all about your new life in NZ :thumbsup:

Well Jan&Neil, we want to say well done for fighting foryour future, you have been a good inspiration, have a safe a journey and please log on asap when your feet feel the ground as will miss you not posting, however, so glad you are on your way, hope your meal was great, with lots of wine, food and tears of love. :wub:

Tina. x

anniiee Aug 25th 2009 6:57 am

Congratulations and All the Best !! :thumbsup: