Does no one live in wanganui??

Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

slimchic will become famous soon enoughslimchic will become famous soon enough
Default Does no one live in wanganui??

hi doesn't anyone live in wanganui that can tell me what it is like- please
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

zoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant futurezoej has a brilliant future
Default Re: Does no one live in wanganui??

I will be able to after xmas - We are going there for the annual boxing day motor bike races on the cemetery circuit - they call it the southern TT. It looks pretty on the websites, old fashioned paddle boat river cruises too, and not far from a nice beach.......
Old Oct 29th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zoej
I will be able to after xmas - We are going there for the annual boxing day motor bike races on the cemetery circuit - they call it the southern TT. It looks pretty on the websites, old fashioned paddle boat river cruises too, and not far from a nice beach.......
thanks will look forwards to hearing from you
Old Oct 29th 2007, 10:26 am
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

Think this is the 3rd or 4th thread on here asking about wanganui? No one use the search feature?

Anyways We live near Wanganui and have lived in Wanganui and also occasionally work in Wnaganui, like I have said before it looks pretty because thats what they want you to see. But anyways it is pretty.

Where you guys planning to live?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

smudga has a spectacular aura aboutsmudga has a spectacular aura aboutsmudga has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by zoej
Dont know about the nice beach, that could be stretching it a bit.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:38 pm
Banned

Pete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura aboutPete n Shell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by smudga
Depends on your expectations! We lived at Castlecliffe beach was not to bad if you walked west or drove to behind the airport. Blacksand mainly some good surfing to be had too. Then again like that in Taranaki as well
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pete n Shell
Think this is the 3rd or 4th thread on here asking about wanganui? No one use the search feature?

Anyways We live near Wanganui and have lived in Wanganui and also occasionally work in Wnaganui, like I have said before it looks pretty because thats what they want you to see. But anyways it is pretty.

Where you guys planning to live?
not sure yet but possibly wanganui
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

isn't it nice then? looks good in the pictures- whats wrong with it? (the beach)
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Depends on your expectations! We lived at Castlecliffe beach was not to bad if you walked west or drove to behind the airport. Blacksand mainly some good surfing to be had too. Then again like that in Taranaki as well
whats castlecliff like as an area? i looked at a nice house there on internet. are there any areas to avoid in wanganui?
Old Oct 29th 2007, 6:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by slimchic
whats castlecliff like as an area? i looked at a nice house there on internet. are there any areas to avoid in wanganui?
Like I have said elesewhere depends where you live and who your neighbours are.
Castlecliffe did/has depends where you live in it got a reputation, looks ragged in places is ragged in places and is moving up wards. Nothing wrong with the beach really just has a problem with the weather. Lot of drift wood gets washed up.

Look I keep saying this dont believe everything you are told until you experiance it yourself and dont dismiss what you have not experianced yourself as being incorrect.

Oh and if you feel homesick you could drive up the River Road and visit London

Last edited by Pete n Shell; Oct 29th 2007 at 6:53 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

smudga has a spectacular aura aboutsmudga has a spectacular aura aboutsmudga has a spectacular aura about

Wanganui is a very nice town and probably one of NZ's best kept secrets, A lot of people rubbish it but the truth is they have probably never been here.
The town is nice with excellent cafe's and shops,m it is well laid out and kept very clean. All housing is affordable and all areas have their plusses and minusses. You mentioned Castlecliff well Wanganui is probably the only place in the world where property values get cheaper the closer you get to the sea.
Whilst it is improving Castlecliff has a very low socioeconomic rating but a good place to buy if you are looking for capital gain.

Personally I believe central Aramoho is the best place to look for balanced pricing. some streets are tree lined and all lead on to the river, just 5 mins to the CBD houses range from 160000 to 300000 with very large sections on very good quality soil. most homes have rural view.

Generally Wanganui is a very nice town with excellent schooling, sporting, adventure activities and shopping, Cost of living is low and good prospects for employment especially if you have a trade or better.

The other advantage wanganui has is it is Central, 45mins to Palmerston North, 2 hours to both new Plymouth and Wellington, 31/2 hrs to hamilton and 5 to Auckland.

Would I recommend Wanganui to someone, Definitley !!
Old Oct 29th 2007, 8:31 pm
Banned

The other advantage wanganui has is it is Central, 45mins to Palmerston North, 2 hours to both new Plymouth and Wellington, 31/2 hrs to hamilton and 5 to Auckland.
I dunno where you got your travel times from but it is certainly not 3 1/2 hours to Hamilton. 4 1/2 to 5 hours more like it unless your speeding
The Parapara Highway (State Highway 4) from Wanganui to Raetihi is not to be taken lightly.

Other than that yea pretty much spot on.

Couple of things missed out is a Good Airlink to Auckland and and early morning late evening return flight to Wellington. Mate of mine commutes to Wellington another to Auckland
You live in cuzziecliff your right under the flight path of those flying nats they call the Beech 1900 and anything else with a prop flying into Wanganui international ( International is a local joke remark)
Old Oct 30th 2007, 12:24 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Wanganui is a very nice town and probably one of NZ's best kept secrets, A lot of people rubbish it but the truth is they have probably never been here.
The town is nice with excellent cafe's and shops,m it is well laid out and kept very clean. All housing is affordable and all areas have their plusses and minusses. You mentioned Castlecliff well Wanganui is probably the only place in the world where property values get cheaper the closer you get to the sea.
Whilst it is improving Castlecliff has a very low socioeconomic rating but a good place to buy if you are looking for capital gain.

Personally I believe central Aramoho is the best place to look for balanced pricing. some streets are tree lined and all lead on to the river, just 5 mins to the CBD houses range from 160000 to 300000 with very large sections on very good quality soil. most homes have rural view.

Generally Wanganui is a very nice town with excellent schooling, sporting, adventure activities and shopping, Cost of living is low and good prospects for employment especially if you have a trade or better.

Would I recommend Wanganui to someone, Definitley !!
If you have kids the best place to be in is Springvale, St Johns, Virginia lake, zoned for Wanganui High School, but the prices are higher, Ive been here nearly 4r months and its lovely the people are friendly, shops, cafe bars and restaurants, cinema. sports centre and new splash centre coming soon there's pretty much everything here hope that helps
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

I dunno where you got your travel times from but it is certainly not 3 1/2 hours to Hamilton. 4 1/2 to 5 hours more like it unless your speeding
The Parapara Highway (State Highway 4) from Wanganui to Raetihi is not to be taken lightly.

Other than that yea pretty much spot on.
http://www.accommodationz.co.nz/distancesnorth2.html#

This is pretty accurate, unless you're speeding!!
Old Oct 30th 2007, 2:25 am
Banned

Thats more like believe that takes into account stops enroute as well, trouble is according to google its 4 1/2 hours. Either way its more than 4.5 hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.