Does life begin at 40??

Does life begin at 40??

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:42 pm
Banned

Madmaxdeux will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Does life begin at 40??

Does life begin at 40??

Probably some truth to that

But age is just a number you are as young or as old as you feel I gave up worrying about my age and birthday when I hit 35 that was a few years ago no and yes passed the 40 now. Still feel younger than that
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Persephone
Just thinking and contemplating on my life [I'm on call and waiting] and realised that I have just under 3months to go until I hit the big 4-0.
Now I can't imagine I'll change at all once midnight strikes and I'm suddenly in a whole new decade of my life but it seems so unreal- me, 40, how did that happen so quickly?
So, what have you done after the age of 40 that you would never have dreamed of doing before? What do you wish you'd done earlier in your life?
I'm not worried just wondering where all the time has gone...
Oooh I must be just a few days older than you as I have 2.5 months to go. I turn 40 two weeks before we fly to NZ.
My dad wants to throw our farewell party on my birthday weekend!! Hmm may need to get script from GP in order to survive that one.

Turning 40 as we set off for pastures new seems quite appropriate - the beginning of the next chapter so to speak, but the sheer thought of being in my fifth decade frightens the hell out of me - I remember my mum's fortieth and it doesn't seem that long ago. When I blink next will it be my daughter's??

Well either way it'll be a damn good excuse for a glass of bubbly or few.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Started Uni at 40 to become a nurse and will emigrate while still 44. That will do for starters, still deciding about the bungy jumping Bevissa
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Well you all sound pretty content with your lives! I'm not expecting to change overnight but it is such a major milestone that it does make you stop and think. Turning 30 didn't bother me at all and I don't think I'll feel any differently once the big day hits - though suspect I'll have a bit of a fuzzy head due to New Years Eve partying No one ever wants to do much on my actual birthday

sjake
Oooh I must be just a few days older than you as I have 2.5 months to go. I turn 40 two weeks before we fly to NZ.
My dad wants to throw our farewell party on my birthday weekend!! Hmm may need to get script from GP in order to survive that one.
Let me know how it feels At least that'll give you two weeks to recover before flying...
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Mary Lamb will become famous soon enough

Well I'd say it does - I got married and had two wonderful children in my 40's..... amazing just how much your life can change. Middle age spread is not to be welcomed but the wisdom that comes with age is. Make sure you celebrate in real style. It is a milestone not to be missed.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

sjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of lightsjake is a glorious beacon of light

No one ever wants to do much on my actual birthday
As mine is just before Xmas it usually clashes with work dinners, plus I share it with my sister and she isn't a twin! Oh and dad's is two days later - then it's Christmas.

I forget where you are in NZ, we are due to land 29th Dec so we could always come and help celebrate your birthday.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 10:53 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

sjake
As mine is just before Xmas it usually clashes with work dinners, plus I share it with my sister and she isn't a twin! Oh and dad's is two days later - then it's Christmas.

I forget where you are in NZ, we are due to land 29th Dec so we could always come and help celebrate your birthday.
Both of you have the same birthday! Got to ask, what were your parents celebrating in March???
I'll be living in Christchurch by the 29th but will be going off on holiday that day-might see you at Auckland airport Maybe when I get back if you're moving anywhere near...
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of

I got a new career at 42 working in the NHS then worked through my 40's and 50's - took redundancy at 58 - stayed at home for 2 days - got fed up - went to an agency - back to full time employment at 58 - freelance - applied for a permanent job in the NHS at 63 - got it!!!!! - now waiting for my parent visa to emigrate to New Zealand - so my second life begins at probably 64 - to be with my children and grandchildren in NZ - the day before my son left with his Kiwi wife to live in New Zealand I taught him to jive to Elvis records- so when I finally get there (fingers crossed) I think a little celebration jive to Rock around the Clock is in order - LIFE BEGINS AT 64 for me. I feel no different from 21 in my head - although a few aches and pains from the old arthritis come and go - buy hey ho - not too bad for a 'pensioner'. Cheers!

Last edited by Paula2007; Oct 4th 2009 at 9:23 am. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 4th 2009, 12:56 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Well you all sound pretty content with your lives! I'm not expecting to change overnight but it is such a major milestone that it does make you stop and think. Turning 30 didn't bother me at all and I don't think I'll feel any differently once the big day hits - though suspect I'll have a bit of a fuzzy head due to New Years Eve partying No one ever wants to do much on my actual birthday

Let me know how it feels At least that'll give you two weeks to recover before flying...
I was dumbstruck when I hit 30, absolute shock. I remember when I was a teenager I thought I would like to die in my thirties as it all seemed so ancient and depressing Hitting 30 was very shocking in my case

I'm 41 now and it's all really been a bit of a blur. When I hit 40 it didn't feel any different, in my case 30 was the shocker. Would I want to be a teenager again? NO! I feel much wiser now, more emotionally stable and satisfied. I think life begins everyday, to quote a cliche, "today is the beginning of the rest of your life" pretty much sums it up for me.
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:46 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Age is just a number, some people I know in there thirties think like they are 50...just saying
Old Oct 5th 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

newnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud ofnewnip has much to be proud of

Well Mr Sue is two years younger but too old to class as a toyboy-but he'll do [for now]
Yes I always thought of my Mam being so old when she was 40 but I think that has a lot to do with attitude She has never been very inquisitive or had much interest in anything outside of her immediate scope of experience. When I told her I was coming to NZ she seemed shocked that I would even consider such a thing, it was so outside of her comprehension that she didn't know what to say about it. And she could have guessed it would happen what with Mr Sue being a kiwi! . My Dad on the other hand is interested in anything and always wants to learn more, he told me that I MUST go to NZ-trying to get rid of me perhaps?. I take after my Dad
Newnip, the special thing is that we'll be in Mexico on my birthday: I think that'll class as special enough
Mr Newnip is 6 years younger than me - but looks about 10 years older! I think I have worn him out!

Enjoy Mexico - always wanted to go there! xx
Old Oct 6th 2009, 7:48 am
Queen of the Underworld

newnip
Mr Newnip is 6 years younger than me - but looks about 10 years older! I think I have worn him out!
Oh dear...
Enjoy Mexico - always wanted to go there! xx
Thanks, I intend to!! Then have to come back to real life and try and find a job
Old Oct 6th 2009, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does. I found turning 40 liberating . You are reaching your sexual prime , well that's what all the books say

Of course, on the negative side, your body starts heading south . I've taken to performing head-stands in an effort to counteract this . Seems to be working so far but I've got a sore head!
Still, no pain, no gain!
Old Oct 6th 2009, 10:23 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Does life begin at 40??

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
no pain, no gain!
If only that worked for dieting .
Old Oct 7th 2009, 1:16 am
Queen of the Underworld

Vitalstatistix
Yes it does. I found turning 40 liberating . You are reaching your sexual prime , well that's what all the books say
Can't wait now Watch out Mr Sue!
Of course, on the negative side, your body starts heading south . I've taken to performing head-stands in an effort to counteract this . Seems to be working so far but I've got a sore head!
Still, no pain, no gain!
Life gives and then it takes...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.