Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does it feel like Christmas to you?

Does it feel like Christmas to you?

Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of
Default Does it feel like Christmas to you?

Not sure if I'm getting older or there is some other reason behind it but this is the least Christmassy Christmas I have experienced.

I have a tree, I have presents there are Christmas songs this is my 6th Christmas in New Zealand but for some reason something is missing.

One thing that is definitely missing in Wellington is summer maybe that is it, maybe it is because I am still working, who knows. Hope i'm not being a humbug.

Is it me or have others experienced it this year too?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:18 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does it feel like Christmas to you?

Originally Posted by bro69
Chur chur bro' - am feelin ya.

Now get back to work - what d'ya think this is, the run up to Christmas or something?!

Don't want to come live in our house for a while do ya mate?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bro69
Not sure if I'm getting older or there is some other reason behind it but this is the least Christmassy Christmas I have experienced.

I have a tree, I have presents there are Christmas songs this is my 6th Christmas in New Zealand but for some reason something is missing.

One thing that is definitely missing in Wellington is summer maybe that is it, maybe it is because I am still working, who knows. Hope i'm not being a humbug.

This is our 1st Christmas here, have reluctantly brought presents (not wrapped yet) not got a tree and cannot for the life of me get my head around Christmas being so close when its so bloody warm Not sure how to spend the day itself. Still, its better than cold, snowy England Bevissa
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

garfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to allgarfield250 is a name known to all

Same here,

Its our 5th NZ Christmas and despite a half hearted attempt at tree decorating (momentum now lost) the pressies wrapped, Slade and Wizard blaring out of the stereo.........(bit of 'When a child is born' as well) it ain't Christmas somehow!!!!!!!

Oh well off to the beach then I suppose!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garfield250
Same here,

Its our 5th NZ Christmas and despite a half hearted attempt at tree decorating (momentum now lost) the pressies wrapped, Slade and Wizard blaring out of the stereo.........(bit of 'When a child is born' as well) it ain't Christmas somehow!!!!!!!

Oh well off to the beach then I suppose!
No its not christmassy atall. No robins, no holly, no frost, no carol singers and its warm. It will never fell like christmas ever again. Been here 4 xmases now and they are all crap. Its the down side of living in a silly country that has its winter when it should be summer. The worlds gone maaaaaaaaaaaaaad. If you love xmas don't move to the southern hemisphere!!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Glad others feel the same.

We were in England last Christmas and it felt like Christmas plus we were on holiday eating and drinking too much.

I do like the Kiwi christmas day we usually have lamb and chicken and salad and sit outside and play sports, still drink too much.

This year I am in Timaru, I obviously was not a good boy this year.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:40 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

We're into our 5th Christmas here and none of them have felt like a Scottish christmas! I put it down to the sun and the warmth rather than the cold and the snow - having had many many cold snowy christmases I feel that's what christmas is all about. Also until we moved here I was always with my family at christmas.

We still have a really lovely day and enjoy it hugely, but it could be any party/holiday day.

We've got the tree up and the pressies under it and all that but - nope!
Old Dec 17th 2009, 7:43 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

My second Xmas here and yes, it does not feel like it's Christmas Day next week

For me, Christmas means short days and sitting in a warm cosy house whilst it's cold outside. Not long days and hot weather...

We've also had a lot to do in the last few weeks as well which has meant that thinking of Xmas is right at the back of my mind.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 8:45 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
My second Xmas here and yes, it does not feel like it's Christmas Day next week

For me, Christmas means short days and sitting in a warm cosy house whilst it's cold outside. Not long days and hot weather...

We've also had a lot to do in the last few weeks as well which has meant that thinking of Xmas is right at the back of my mind.
Ye gods & little boarlets, is it???????????????????
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:02 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Ye gods & little boarlets, is it???????????????????
Explain please VitalS
I'm feeling thick today and Google is not my friend Too much wine celebrating last night...
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Explain please VitalS
I'm feeling thick today and Google is not my friend Too much wine celebrating last night...
Christmas Day next week
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

It's the only time of year I wish I was back in blighty, especially for the New Year.
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:35 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Christmas Day next week
I am losing it it is Christmas day next week isn't it????? Either that or I'm missing something obvious?
Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

I am losing it it is Christmas day next week isn't it????? Either that or I'm missing something obvious?
Well I thought you said it was. Now I'm confused . Can someone else come to our aid please?

Is it Christmas Day next week?

Old Dec 17th 2009, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It can't be. I'm not ready and it is summer out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.