Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does anyone in wellington drink??

Does anyone in wellington drink??

Old May 4th 2008, 5:28 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone in wellington drink??

Or will we be on our own??

The bin's are heading north for the weekend at the end of May (22,23,24)

We get in late on Thursday and fly back to the mainland on Sunday.
Anyone fancy a pint over then weekend?

I know you fancy lot form the big smoke all just sit about sipping your lattes (and it's still just coffee with milk in it no matter how much you pay for it) but i have a kettle in the house. So if anyone would like to meet for a swift half or two let me know. Would be good to see how the other half lives

(oh i don't rant in real life you know.. it's the internet that brings out my bad side )

Oh and if anyone has any clue what the Bolton Hotel is like let me know, you can't beat a cheap hotel deal when you have no idea what you are booking!

Last edited by Dustybin; May 4th 2008 at 5:31 am. Reason: just because I can!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone in wellington drink??

Originally Posted by Dustybin

I know you fancy lot form the big smoke all just sit about sipping your lattes (and it's still just coffee with milk in it no matter how much you pay for it) but i have a kettle in the house. So if anyone would like to meet for a swift half or two let me know. Would be good to see how the other half lives

(oh i don't rant in real life you know.. it's the internet that brings out my bad side )

Oh and if anyone has any clue what the Bolton Hotel is like let me know, you can't beat a cheap hotel deal when you have no idea what you are booking!
With an invitation like that... who could turn you down... defo sort something out to meet up in Welly with you!!!
Old May 4th 2008, 5:59 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

So you arrive on a Thursday? Cool beans! I work in the CBD and can meet for latte-sipping or beer-quaffing at lunch. Friday after work is a good time too. How many bins are a-comin' north?
Old May 4th 2008, 5:59 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

And sorry I have no clue about the Bolton Hotel...
Old May 4th 2008, 11:08 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
So you arrive on a Thursday? Cool beans! I work in the CBD and can meet for latte-sipping or beer-quaffing at lunch. Friday after work is a good time too. How many bins are a-comin' north?
Only the 2 of us, trust me that is enough bins for the world to cope with. Any more would just be silly!

Look forward to seeing you all then!
Old May 4th 2008, 10:58 pm
Maz

Only the 2 of us, trust me that is enough bins for the world to cope with. Any more would just be silly!

Look forward to seeing you all then!
Sweet as! If you want to hit the town in style, let us know which night and we'll get our babysitter all booked up well in advance.

Can't remember if the comedy festival is still going on at that time... it might well be!
Old May 4th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

stasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to allstasia is a name known to all

does anyone in welly drink??? i was a nice quiet little welsh girl before i came to welly...they've all turned me into a complete binge drinker!!!

will be up for a night out either me or loz as one of us has to look after the kids.
Old May 5th 2008, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

i would imagine the bolton is quite a good hotel. its part of a mothers day prize at kirkcaldies & Staines, ok stratch that its 5 star so have fun xx
http://www.kirkcaldies.co.nz/index.html

http://www.boltonhotel.co.nz/
Old May 5th 2008, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Excellent new that you folk are a cultured lot!

Right the best night for drinking would seem to be the 23rd Friday night / afternoon!

I've got no idea where but all suggestions welcome!

Can't beat a hoilday! (no matter how short!)

Looking forward to seeing you all then!

Any more??
Old May 5th 2008, 11:37 am
Maz

The new 3C in Chews Lane Jolly nice place! Gets a bit noisy but it's a really nice (wine) bar.
Old May 12th 2008, 1:32 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maz
The new 3C in Chews Lane Jolly nice place! Gets a bit noisy but it's a really nice (wine) bar.
Its only noisy when you get nearer to floor level I believe
Old May 12th 2008, 5:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Its only noisy when you get nearer to floor level I believe
Sounds like my sort of place then!
Old May 20th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

So whats the decision then? When and Where?
Old May 21st 2008, 5:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
So whats the decision then? When and Where?
ok ok i was getting to it!

In the absence of any other suggestions The new 3C in Chews Lane would seem a start!

We'll be in there from about 6ish on Friday for those who care to join us! We can work a plan from there.

I'm the geordie looking bloke (fat, miserable, does nothing but talk about fooball )

Or you could always find our pics on flickr

Look forward to seeing you then!
Old May 21st 2008, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

If the restaurant in the Bolton is anything to go by it will be fabulous - unless you are loaded though, eat elsewhere! We were treated (thank God) to dinner there and the bill for 4 was almost $500 for 2 starters, 4 main courses, 2 puds and 3 bottles of wine.
Have a great weekend - we can't make Friday, but I'm sure you will enjoy yourself - ignore the Welsh girls talk about being converted into a binge drinker - I blame all my misdemeanours (sp) on Stasia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.