Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does anyone live in Glen Eden?

Does anyone live in Glen Eden?

Old Jan 29th 2013, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

LornaBee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone live in Glen Eden?

I have been in Auckland for 5 months and struggling to buy a property and we have been looking at the area of Glen Eden and the road is called Kamara Road and I wonder if anyone has any local knowledge as the family is based in Glendene/Te Atatu. Is it a safe area? Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 30th 2013, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

GoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond reputeGoingIn2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone live in Glen Eden?

Originally Posted by LornaBee
I have been in Auckland for 5 months and struggling to buy a property and we have been looking at the area of Glen Eden and the road is called Kamara Road and I wonder if anyone has any local knowledge as the family is based in Glendene/Te Atatu. Is it a safe area? Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Glen Eden is alright-ish.
We moved from there last year. There are good bits and not so good bits. The bit you are looking at is probably somewhere in between. You may be safe enough but it wouldn't be first on my list around there...
Old Feb 10th 2013, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

marblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond reputemarblep has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LornaBee;10513468]I have been in Auckland for 5 months and struggling to buy a property and we have been looking at the area of Glen Eden and the road is called Kamara Road and I wonder if anyone has any local knowledge as the family is based in Glendene/Te Atatu. Is it a safe area? Any advice appreciated.

Hi LornaBee - sorry for delayed reply. I know Glen Eden quite well. Kamara wouldn't be my first choice. I'm sure it's perfectly safe but can look run down at times. There are bargains to be had at times in nicer parts of Glen Eden (Shetland Rd, Karapiti Pl). Te Atatu also has very nice areas. I don't know Glendene very well. Have you considered New Lynn and Green Bay?
Old Feb 10th 2013, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

westie1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to reply before but Goingin2011 has explained the area quite well.
Anything that borders around Titirangi is generally the best part.
I went to Glen Eden intermediate lived fairly close to the school.