Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

does anyone know if there are many heating and ventilation installer jobs ?

does anyone know if there are many heating and ventilation installer jobs ?

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

emma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really nice
Default does anyone know if there are many heating and ventilation installer jobs ?

hi there,

my partner is having trouble finding many companys with this line of work? does anyone no if there are many of these jobs recognied over there!

cheers
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 2:37 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: does anyone know if there are many heating and ventilation installer jobs ?

I looked on www.seek.co.nz using HVAC as the keyword.

I'll post the link up, which may or may not work

http://www.seek.co.nz/jobsearch/?Dat...archtype=again

Hope this helps
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

emma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really niceemma jayne is just really nice
Default Re: does anyone know if there are many heating and ventilation installer jobs ?

thanx very much!
theres soooo many nurses on here for me, but weve come to a struggle with him!

cheers
Old Sep 24th 2009, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough

I wouldn't expect that it would be that difficult for your husband to find work as heatpumps and ventilation systems seem quite popular over hear. I know that there are at least 5 companies that advertise this service in our area (Kapiti). I could list them for you if you like, but they are probably only relevant to our region. I would also think that it is the sort of thing that would be easy to do on a self employed basis if your husband fancies setting up his own business.
Old Sep 24th 2009, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

thanx that gives us somthing to work with he was self employed over here for a few years so it may be the same over there we think

we are off to the expo nxt month so hopfully they can give us a little bit more advice on the best option for him, just wondering if ppl had heard of this skill over there?

cheers for all help, this site is great to clear up all our questions and fears ha ha

thanx again
ems xXx
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: looking for work in heating and ventilation DUCTWORK any tips?

hi everyone, looking for some tips on looking for a job over there ! having GREAT TROUBLE THO!
my trade is heating and ventilation ductwork installation ( mainly in commercial side)
anybody got any tips for job search ideas???

any help wud be appreciated
Old Sep 27th 2009, 9:31 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

http://www.finda.co.nz/business/c/heating-ventilation/

You may well find that companies over here do a mix of residential & commercial alongside similar work. It will be a case of you cold contacting each/all businesses and seeing the response. Most will want to know your visa status and will prefer you to be already in NZ.

Maybe have a conversation with HVAC of NZ

Meanwhile look at what, if any, NZ trade registration you will need. i.e. If you touch electrics , then you will need registration. The HVAC of NZ should be able to point you in the right direction.