Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know how to access the bbci player

Does anyone know how to access the bbci player

Old Jun 8th 2009, 7:56 am
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice
Thumbs up Does anyone know how to access the bbci player

Dose anyone know how to access the bbci player as I would like to watch some uk programs the main one will Doctor Who (please no daft comments and now you can grown) well I’ve watch it from a boy and helps the kid in me. However I can listen to the radio station but the other stuff is beyond me so I need a little help
It has been said I might be able to use a proxy server but not been able to find one that work. so any boffins out there who can help drop me a message and ill get in touch

so I'll wait in hope auckand
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:57 pm
BOP
Just Joined

BOP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hi all

I'd like to watch the BBCi player too, anybody know how to access it? I tried but it would only allow radio:
Also need to know what a proxy server is and how to get one if I need one.
Doctor Who!!!
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:00 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hi all

Originally Posted by BOP
I'd like to watch the BBCi player too, anybody know how to access it? I tried but it would only allow radio:
Also need to know what a proxy server is and how to get one if I need one.
Doctor Who!!!
Lardyl's quite clued up on all this, hopefully he'll be along later!

I'll change your thread title so he might look at it, hope that's ok?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:24 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know how to access the bbci player

Yes, I have been watching stuff for about 3 or 4 weeks now, its not exactly fully 100% legal but I have managed to do it!

It's nice being up to speed with the Apprentice, have even been watching Bargain Hunt
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

pleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nicepleccy2000 is just really nice

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Yes, I have been watching stuff for about 3 or 4 weeks now, its not exactly fully 100% legal but I have managed to do it!

It's nice being up to speed with the Apprentice, have even been watching Bargain Hunt
Care to share!!!!!! Pretty please!!!!???? is via a UK proxy?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pleccy2000
Care to share!!!!!! Pretty please!!!!???? is via a UK proxy?
Yes is via a UK proxy, only way I have found to access it!

Bascially using Mozilla Firefox, Foxy Proxy add on for Firefox, some proxy routing software and found some proxies in the UK that work...

Tried the same route for the Channel 4 one but it doesn't work
Old Jun 9th 2009, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light

This one is supposed to be excellent but you have to pay for it

http://www.banana-vpn.com/UK-vpn.htm
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:22 am
slime

simon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nicesimon-nall is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rustie
This one is supposed to be excellent but you have to pay for it

http://www.banana-vpn.com/UK-vpn.htm
fab will try that the week end when ive got time to play, but if anyone knows of a free proxy then ill be very very interested
Ps dislike spending my hard earned bucks if i don't have to . so i wait in hope till the weekend. thanks 4 all u comments
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:55 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

All seems like good advice, although beware that not all anonymous proxies do what they say on the tin.
The paid VPNs are *more likely* to do what you ask as they are charged for.
Don't use proxies myself although I once looked at them to get streaming TV but that was a few years ago.......
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

There is also ITV player, and channel 4 player but i dont know if you can streem then in NZ.