Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know anyone looking to move back to the UK??

Does anyone know anyone looking to move back to the UK??

Old Jan 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

James S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura aboutJames S has a spectacular aura about
Default Does anyone know anyone looking to move back to the UK??

We are in the process of emigrating out to New Zealand (I've secured a job in Manukau City) and we would be interested in Part Exchanging with anyone that wanted to get back to the UK?? Our house is in West Yorkshire.

If there is anyone out there give me a yell! If anyone could advise us on the best areas around Manukau that would be a massive help!

Cheers

James
Old Jan 6th 2008, 9:08 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Does anyone know anyone looking to move back to the UK??

I think phil01 is heading back soon ..
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by James S
We are in the process of emigrating out to New Zealand (I've secured a job in Manukau City) and we would be interested in Part Exchanging with anyone that wanted to get back to the UK?? Our house is in West Yorkshire.

If there is anyone out there give me a yell! If anyone could advise us on the best areas around Manukau that would be a massive help!

Cheers

James
Well what's that song...isn't it ironic!

Yep we go back in a weeks time and guess where to...West Yorks (well sort of North/West border)! Already bought a house though..and a car...and a flatscreen tv...Yay the January sales!

Good luck...sorry not from Auckland but would suggest if you are heading to Manukau you go South as in Pukekohe region...very nice!

Good Luck
Old Jan 7th 2008, 12:27 am
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by James S

Cheers

James
Hi James,

We lived in Papakura (south AKL) for 6 months - avoid it ! generally south Auckland is the poorer area, more PI's more walfare housing, more crime, more grafitti, boy/man/girl racers. On the flip side housing is cheap, which is why we were there (neither of us had jobs when we arrived).

However, Pukakohe (however it is spelt) is nice, about 40mins drive to Manukau city at peak times or train is possible. You could also look East, some very nice small towns with 1hrs drive, however property is quite expensive out that way. Go south of the Manukua Harbour and head west good size propertys again in the country, mid priced and again within 1 hrs drive.

Hope this helps
Adie
Old Jan 8th 2008, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

can'help on moving back i'm afraid.....but we are on howick,which is east auckland.....and its lovely here.....bucklands beach,clevedon,eastern beach,beachlands ,all lovely areas,with good schools if you need them......all about 20mins drive to manakau central....as a rule ,i would generaly avoid south auckland,but i know there are some ok areas there(thats my opinion,sorry don't mean to offend anyone).....

any questions,feel free to ask.......happy to check any places oput for you....jacky