Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Documenting Work Experience

Documenting Work Experience

Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future
Default Documenting Work Experience

Hi all,
Can anyone advise me on what documentation is required to demonstrate work experience. I have an up to date CV but unsure what else I may need to provide for NZIS when I go to NZ.

I will be taking along all my Qual Certs ( Carpenter) with me.

Will the CV suffice?

Ta!!!

Heath
( yes that is my first name so no jokes about Heathcliff and Heathrow please )
Old Apr 28th 2007, 3:58 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Documenting Work Experience

Pay slips, P60's etc to prove work experience
Old Apr 28th 2007, 4:56 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorksha
Hi all,
Can anyone advise me on what documentation is required to demonstrate work experience. I have an up to date CV but unsure what else I may need to provide for NZIS when I go to NZ.

Will the CV suffice?

Ta!!!

Heath
I might be wrong but thought CV couldn't be used as proof. We had to get letters from present and previous employers going back the number of years we were claiming points for. The letters had to be on company headed paper, signed by someone there in authority and had to state start and finish dates, job title, a brief paragraph of duties undertaken and a brief paragraph of what they thought of you as an employee.
Hope this helps.
Old Apr 28th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Yorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant futureYorksha has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I might be wrong but thought CV couldn't be used as proof. We had to get letters from present and previous employers going back the number of years we were claiming points for. The letters had to be on company headed paper, signed by someone there in authority and had to state start and finish dates, job title, a brief paragraph of duties undertaken and a brief paragraph of what they thought of you as an employee.
Hope this helps.
Thanks. That give me a start
Old Apr 28th 2007, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorksha
Hi all,

Will the CV suffice?

Ta!!!

Heath
Hi,
You definately need a letter from each company on headed paper stating when you started, how many hours your salary and job title, it also says things like original signed contracts as proof would help.
Carole
Old Apr 30th 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Spacecake799
Hi,
You definately need a letter from each company on headed paper stating when you started, how many hours your salary and job title, it also says things like original signed contracts as proof would help.
Carole
Pheww!!! Just been in touch with most of the employers. Some good and some not so good. Trip down memory lane!!! Sad to hear some of my old colleagues have left the companies or died!!