Doctors reports

Old Sep 22nd 2010, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice
Default Doctors reports

Hi,

I read in an emigrate magazine that you need to get copies of your doctors reports to take to NZ with you. My wife made some enquiries about this today and got the impression that this wasn't normal practice and would cost £££s

Did anybody bother to do this, is it something that a NZ doctor would require when registering with them?

Many thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 5:19 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doctors reports

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi,

I read in an emigrate magazine that you need to get copies of your doctors reports to take to NZ with you. My wife made some enquiries about this today and got the impression that this wasn't normal practice and would cost £££s

Did anybody bother to do this, is it something that a NZ doctor would require when registering with them?

Many thanks
We did, only cost £10 each but more for 'belt & braces' on my part (being a nurse has made me more aware) than a necessity, lots of people don't bother.
If your medical history uncomplicated I wouldn't worry too much.
HTH
B x
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Littlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really niceLittlemisssunshine is just really nice

We got ours, mine and my daughters cost about £40 for both and I can't remember how much my husbands's cost. I think it really depends on the doctors practice.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave77
Hi,

Many thanks

We didnt, and everything was sweet as!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

dave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nicedave77 is just really nice

Thanks for the replies, I think we're not going to bother, nothing much of interest on them anyway probably!

I thought it was something that was needed by the NZ doctors but seems not to be the case...one less thing to worry about
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

When you go to register with a GP in NZ you'll be invited to see a nurse for an enrolment appointment, when you get asked a whole heap of questions about your health, past medical history, current medications, any allergies etc, and also a bit about any relevant family history. They'll also be interested in your immunisation history. If you know all that stuff and it's not complicated then I'm not convinced that it's necessary to get copies of your medical records from your current GP. If it's easy & inexpensive I'd recommend doing it, or if you have any complicated illnesses or surgeries (either past or present) that you don't know all the details about then it's worth getting copies.
For what it's worth I didn't bother for myself or my family, and it's not been a problem, but, healthwise at least, we're straightforward and I'm happy that I know all the relevant family medical history.