Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do you think I over did it stoking up the fire?

Do you think I over did it stoking up the fire?

Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:52 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you think I over did it stoking up the fire?

Yes the chimney flue is red hot and glowing
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:57 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you think I over did it stoking up the fire?

Originally Posted by sky

Yes the chimney flue is red hot and glowing
I thought it was Summer there! What are you doing stoking up the fire?!

Are you still alive, or has the house burnt down?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:58 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I'm fuffing freezing tonight!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 5:59 am
sky
Banned

The house is still intact and unburnt
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Oh good, glad you're not dead. A bit of a silly bugger with the poker, but not dead.

This reminds me of the time my mum was furious with my stepdad, who was drunk at the time, for telling her she was crap at making the fire. She got a huge bag of sugar and a bottle of parafin, made a fire with said sugar, parafin and some paper and kindling, then threw a match at the lot. The whole chimney caught fire and the chimney breasts were red hot (in the sitting room and the bedroom upstairs) and the iron surround to the fire blistered and popped. We had to call the fire brigade to put it out.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:10 am
sky
Banned

Lol yes as a child my parents had an open coal fire and we regularly set fire to the chimney .... it was great fun and we used to rush outside to see the flames pouring out the top of the chimney top.
Good thing about setting fire to your chimney is it burns all the soot off
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sky
Lol yes as a child my parents had an open coal fire and we regularly set fire to the chimney .... it was great fun and we used to rush outside to see the flames pouring out the top of the chimney top.
Good thing about setting fire to your chimney is it burns all the soot off
Good fun??!! I was terrified and screaming!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:18 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by mazi
Good fun??!! I was terrified and screaming!
Oh we were used to it lol ... the neighbours hated us
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sky
Do you have neighbours to hate you now?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:33 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Yup, we were the same My stepmother was the local fire brigade's pin-up as she kept them in work!
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:38 am
sky
Banned

Do you have neighbours to hate you now?
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:40 am
sky
Banned

Originally Posted by karonious
Yup, we were the same My stepmother was the local fire brigade's pin-up as she kept them in work!

Oh thank god I was thinking it was just me
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:43 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Oh thank god I was thinking it was just me
She also used to keep my Dad in stitches - literally!!
He used to drink and be argumentative, she wasn't as erudite and well spoken so couldn't win a verbal argument - but by hell she used to put him in his place
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by karonious
My stepmother was the local fire brigade's pin-up as she kept them in work!
Hmmmmm.....
Old Feb 9th 2007, 6:50 am
conquering the world!

Hmmmmm.....
In answer to your post: the local firemen loved her because they were only part-timers and got paid for every call-out. She had a chimney fire every month or so. They loved her as her fires helped to pay the bills!

Just noticed your stunning post count Mazi
You outrank the biggest gobshite on this forum - the illustrious Danny F (I sincerely hope he will forgive me calling him that!)
You have something like 9.6 post per day compared with his 9.57
Impressive!
Is that an excuse for another ?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.