Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do you recline your seat in economy on aeroplanes?

View Poll Results: Do you recline your seat.
Yes it is fine, you need to chill. i've paid for my flight i'm going to be comfy.
73.91%
No it is rude and inconsidrate on the person sat behind you
26.09%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Do you recline your seat in economy on aeroplanes?

Old May 15th 2007, 9:45 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about
Default Do you recline your seat in economy on aeroplanes?

After reading the thread before about airline carriers it got me thinking about what i like and what I hate about planes.

What drives me apolpletic are people who recline their seat, when they no you are sat behind them. They haven't got enough room you haven't got enough room. But ***** you, I'm alright Jack! i will/have recline/d my seat.

Really this does drive me mad I once nearly [not exaggerating] had air rage of it when someone did it as far as it could go and then started moaning when the seward asked them to move it forward for me mum so she could eat her dinner.

What I would like to see is a democratic vote the steward does just after they do the safety info. Does a quick show of hands either:

Everyone reclines
or
Nobody reclines.

I would rather do MAN-AKL wiht Janet Street Porter and Jade Goody either side, than have to put up with the above.

Don't even get me started on people who use personal noise machines or cannot control their bladders.

Topic for new thread perhaps, most annoying famous flight partners?

THIS THREAD IS LIGHT HEARTED BTW,

Last edited by Cava Fizz; May 15th 2007 at 10:01 pm.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:57 pm
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Do you recline your seat in economy on aeroplanes?

I will recline my seat if I need to sleep, or if the person in front of me has had their's reclined for a long time.
What really gets me are those who recline their seat from the off, and keep it that way all the time, even when they're up walking around and talking to other passangers.
If they did a democratic vote and the majority voted to keep the seats up-right, fine. But it is, unfortunately, everyone's right to make full use of the reclining button, and you either have to join in to get decent space, or suffer in an even more cramped space while every other Tom Dick or Harry enjoys a more comfy kip.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cava Fizz
After reading the thread before about airline carriers it got me thinking about what i like and what I hate about planes.

What drives me apolpletic are people who recline their seat, when they no you are sat behind them. They haven't got enough room you haven't got enough room. But ***** you, I'm alright Jack! i will/have recline/d my seat.

Really this does drive me mad I once nearly [not exaggerating] had air rage of it when someone did it as far as it could go and then started moaning when the seward asked them to move it forward for me mum so she could eat her dinner.

What I would like to see is a democratic vote the steward does just after they do the safety info. Does a quick show of hands either:

Everyone reclines
or
Nobody reclines.

I would rather do MAN-AKL wiht Janet Street Porter and Jade Goody either side, than have to put up with the above.

Don't even get me started on people who use personal noise machines or cannot control their bladders.

Topic for new thread perhaps, most annoying famous flight partners?
When it's not meal time i recline my seat, when your over 6 feet tall, you need as much comfort as possible, and reclining the seat helps me.
Old May 15th 2007, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

deboltz will become famous soon enoughdeboltz will become famous soon enough

:curse: i never do and it drives me crazy when people do, especially when you have a baby on your lap and you are cramped as it is
Old May 15th 2007, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KiwiKate
I will recline my seat if I need to sleep, or if the person in front of me has had their's reclined for a long time.
What really gets me are those who recline their seat from the off, and keep it that way all the time, even when they're up walking around and talking to other passangers.
If they did a democratic vote and the majority voted to keep the seats up-right, fine. But it is, unfortunately, everyone's right to make full use of the reclining button, and you either have to join in to get decent space, or suffer in an even more cramped space while every other Tom Dick or Harry enjoys a more comfy kip.
I do put it back upright when i'm not in it though.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:00 pm
Fight for the republic.

Cava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura aboutCava Fizz has a spectacular aura about

Kiwikate

that's the problem there is no general etiquette for it? The victorians didn't show us what to do so we don't. To recline or not to recline? People don't no.

This subject is more taboo on planes than the mile high club

Simon

I'm 6' 3"
Old May 15th 2007, 10:01 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I get quite annoyed with the recliners as well.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:03 pm
Fight for the republic.

Originally Posted by happynz
I get quite annoyed with the recliners as well.
Good I think you are the demographic I would most like to be associated with. If people could start posting their profession, education details and annual income as well I think we could build up a good system of recliners and non recliners correlation
Old May 15th 2007, 10:08 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Good I think you are the demographic I would most like to be associated with. If people could start posting their profession, education details and annual income as well I think we could build up a good system of recliners and non recliners correlation
Demographic?

1. English language teacher
2. BA Liberal Arts (code for I hung around and did a bunch of unrelated courses)
3. My income is pathetic. Let's say I pay no more than 19.5% income tax.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:12 pm
Fight for the republic.

Originally Posted by happynz
Demographic?

1. English language teacher
2. BA Liberal Arts (code for I hung around and did a bunch of unrelated courses)
3. My income is pathetic. Let's say I pay no more than 19.5% income tax.
Excellant now who do you vote for...

I bet it isn't Enoch Powell's lot.

Can people start to see what is happening..
Old May 15th 2007, 10:13 pm
Fight for the republic.

and why is their only 7 votes I need 50 if my PHD proposal is going to work

That's a joke BTW i'm planning my year 6's lesson for tomorrow.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:17 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

I figure if the seat has the ability to recline, why not use it? Especially on a long haul flight. I always put the seat upright again when they dish the food up and the trays themselves are adjustable so that you can still use them if the seat in front is reclined. I don't see the problem. It's not rude or mean to the person behind; it's using the seat exactly as it was designed to be used - for comfort and space!
Old May 15th 2007, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
I figure if the seat has the ability to recline, why not use it? Especially on a long haul flight. I always put the seat upright again when they dish the food up and the trays themselves are adjustable so that you can still use them if the seat in front is reclined. I don't see the problem. It's not rude or mean to the person behind; it's using the seat exactly as it was designed to be used - for comfort and space!
Uh-huh. While you recline enjoying your comfort and space some poor slob like me will spend the rest of the flight with his knees crammed up under his chin.

Have a nice flight.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:24 pm
Fight for the republic.

Embo

you seem like a considerate recliner

still not on IMO,

I think the problem is as mentioned above there is no etiquette for this thing, embo sees it as fine but it makes my blood boil. [i do feel better for talking about it however]

I'm sure Embo is a fine person aswell just he is seeing a different rainbow.

Who is that lag in USA who use to write all cookery/house keeping books? I might ask her advice.
Old May 15th 2007, 10:29 pm
Baa Baa

KiwiKate will become famous soon enoughKiwiKate will become famous soon enough

Embo

you seem like a considerate recliner

still not on IMO,

I think the problem is as mentioned above there is no etiquette for this thing, embo sees it as fine but it makes my blood boil. [i do feel better for talking about it however]

I'm sure Embo is a fine person aswell just he is seeing a different rainbow.

Who is that lag in USA who use to write all cookery/house keeping books? I might ask her advice.
Who, Martha Stwart?? She travels first class, baby!! But she'll probably pretend to know and offer some well balanced advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.