Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do You Live In Christchurch

Do You Live In Christchurch

Old Sep 3rd 2005, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

dlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant futuredlummis has a brilliant future
Default Do You Live In Christchurch

Please could you tell me which areas you would like to live in christchurch and which areas to avoid and your reasons why.
i have 3 children aged 10,7 and 3. thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Jasper8009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Do You Live In Christchurch

Hi,

I live in Burwood, which we really like. Good schools, close to shops, 5 mins to beach and 10 mins to City Centre. However a lot depends on what you are looking for. If you mean what are the "posh" areas, the Merivale, Fendalton and parts of Riccarton ( but not all as close to uni and has student flats in some areas. Lower socio-economic areas include Aranui and Wainoni, but you can find really nice places within that area. I would suggest that you look at the Ed Review Office reports (ERO) they are look the Uk OFSTED reports, and will show you the decile rating for a school (10 is the best, but normally private schools only). This will give you an idea of the socio-economic area the students are from. NZ cities often have very nice areas, right next to not so good, so it is hard to generalise.

Happy to answer more, if you have any questions.