Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Old Sep 15th 2005, 3:15 am
Just Joined

Andy and Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Hi
We are in the very early stages of looking to emigrate to NZ and have already been finding it difficult to get the 100 points needed for the EOI. We have come to the conclusion we need help from an agent, does anyone have any tips or recommendations for NZ Agents?
Old Sep 15th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

KiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to allKiwiDollie is a name known to all
Default Re: Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Hi there

My advice would be to steer well clear of agents :scared: . They don't do anything for you that you can't do yourself.

You will find on this and other forums all the help and advice you could possibly ever need.

An agent will not be able to get you any points.

We did not have enough points to qualify so my husband got himself a job offer and we are going on General Work Visas and will apply for PR when we've been over there for a bit.

Good luck to you and ask away as I'm sure lots of people will be willing to help.
Old Sep 15th 2005, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Markk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud ofMarkk has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andy and Jo
Hi
We are in the very early stages of looking to emigrate to NZ and have already been finding it difficult to get the 100 points needed for the EOI. We have come to the conclusion we need help from an agent, does anyone have any tips or recommendations for NZ Agents?
Hi Andy and Jo,
Welcome to the forum. Agents are a bit of a waste of money really, as the application process is very simple for New Zealand. How many points are you short and what do you do for a living? I know quite a few people on here have either got themselves job offers to get their points total over 100, so that may be the way to go. Other people have gone to New Zealand got themselves jobs and then applied while there. I'm sure one of them will give you some advice.
Good luck, and ask away because there is always someone on here who has the answer!
Mark
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:54 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

If you want an agent to get you more points then forget it.

If you want an agent to find you work (thus more points) they will charge you a large fee that you could better spend going to NZ and finding work yourself (and more fun)

If you have enough points and want an agent to fill out all the forms (like we did) then most people would advice to save the money and do it yourself as it's pretty easy.
The NZIS are very helpful as are the members here and you'll get ananswer to any question - but those extra points you'll have to find yourself I'm afraid - I've none spare!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Vickbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Hi there,

We have used an Agent! We have found them to be vbery helful and although i agree with the point above that they cannot magjic up points for you they are experts in this field and in our case were able to work with our qualifications and obtain maximum points for them.

We used Malcolm Pacific in London. It is expensive, but to be honest they have taken the hassle and time factor out of all of the prcess and will help us to secure employment etc etc .

We feel we are getting value for money.

Hope this helps with a more balanced view.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by KiwiDollie
Hi there

My advice would be to steer well clear of agents :scared: . They don't do anything for you that you can't do yourself.

You will find on this and other forums all the help and advice you could possibly ever need.

An agent will not be able to get you any points.

We did not have enough points to qualify so my husband got himself a job offer and we are going on General Work Visas and will apply for PR when we've been over there for a bit.

Good luck to you and ask away as I'm sure lots of people will be willing to help.
Thanks, our problem seems to be the qualifications - although we are both skilled and experienced for 10+ years in our fields, there doesn't seem to be anywhere we can really log this information to up our points. We are now looking at job vacancies in the hope something comes up and we can go out witha job to go to.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Markk
Hi Andy and Jo,
Welcome to the forum. Agents are a bit of a waste of money really, as the application process is very simple for New Zealand. How many points are you short and what do you do for a living? I know quite a few people on here have either got themselves job offers to get their points total over 100, so that may be the way to go. Other people have gone to New Zealand got themselves jobs and then applied while there. I'm sure one of them will give you some advice.
Good luck, and ask away because there is always someone on here who has the answer!
Mark
Hi Markk
I had thought as both of our skills are in the shortage list, Andy is a Telecom engineer and I'm an IT Manager this might count for something, but can't seem to find where this information is logged for maximum points. Trouble is, neither of us have degrees and the EOI only seems interested in those qualifications, never mind the fact we have bot 10+ years experience.
Any ideas, are very welcome
Old Sep 16th 2005, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Cool Re: Do you know a reputable agent for NZ??

Originally Posted by Vickbuster
Hi there,

We have used an Agent! We have found them to be vbery helful and although i agree with the point above that they cannot magjic up points for you they are experts in this field and in our case were able to work with our qualifications and obtain maximum points for them.

We used Malcolm Pacific in London. It is expensive, but to be honest they have taken the hassle and time factor out of all of the prcess and will help us to secure employment etc etc .

We feel we are getting value for money.

Hope this helps with a more balanced view.
Hi Vickbuster
I think this is why we are looking for an agent, as they know all the "grey" areas on the EOI, as to us - at the moment it all looks pretty much black and white, you either have qualifications they recognise or you don't, so our experience isn't being logged anywhere and I'm sure it must count for something as we have both seem our job descriptions on their shortage list.
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into them.
Cheers