Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do UK radios work in NZ

Do UK radios work in NZ

Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of
Default Do UK radios work in NZ

Hi guys,

I know lots of people ask about taking stuff to NZ but a question I haven't seen answered yet is do radio's from the UK work in NZ?

Thanks in Advance.

Adie
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do UK radios work in NZ

Originally Posted by spackster
Hi guys,

I know lots of people ask about taking stuff to NZ but a question I haven't seen answered yet is do radio's from the UK work in NZ?

Thanks in Advance.

Adie
we bought a small stereo/cd player/radio here and no issue with it working once we changed the plug on it

ps it doesnt pick up uk radio stations here, but I guess you knew that *runs before I get walloped for stating the obvious*
Old Dec 13th 2006, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kwprwn
we bought a small stereo/cd player/radio here and no issue with it working once we changed the plug on it

ps it doesnt pick up uk radio stations here, but I guess you knew that *runs before I get walloped for stating the obvious*

Thanks for that Dawn.
Old Dec 13th 2006, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

sharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant futuresharkyuk has a brilliant future

Thanks for that Dawn.

Every thing will work but not the T.V. At least with the radio you will get the full range of radio stations they have out here. if it was a jap one like you get in the import cars your stuffed.
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

English DAB Digital radios do not work , yet, as NZ has not started a digital network.
Jap radios in cars can be converted by the addition of a small bandwith convertor costing 30 NZD, which is fitted onto the aerial connector behind ( i guess that for some radios that means taking the fascia off)
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
English DAB Digital radios do not work , yet, as NZ has not started a digital network.
Jap radios in cars can be converted by the addition of a small bandwith convertor costing 30 NZD, which is fitted onto the aerial connector behind ( i guess that for some radios that means taking the fascia off)
tvs do work over here bur you need either sky or a cheep dvd recorder or video recorder from nz your tv then becomes a monitor
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

And they say you need a radio so when a disaster happens you can tune in and find out whats going on!!! We actually don't have one anyone gotta spare???
Old Dec 14th 2006, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,

Thanks in Advance.

Adie
Couldn't get ours to work until we discovered they have the wrong orientation for the southern hemisphere.

Apparently you need to tip them upside down to get proper reception................... true.

Kip
Old Dec 15th 2006, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

ps it doesnt pick up uk radio stations here, but I guess you knew that *runs before I get walloped for stating the obvious*[/QUOTE]

OMG. How will I cope without Terry Wogan