Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do points make prizes?

Do points make prizes?

Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Keyser Soze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do points make prizes?

Can anyone tell me if there are penalties for having points on a driving license, nothing major, a little over the speed limit and a failing to stop at a stop sign (old man moment), when applying for a NZ license? Are they added to the NZ license or are they ignored?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do points make prizes?

Nope....makes no difference at all. Doesnt count over here.
I have 6 points on my UK license just got around to transferring my NZ one....no problemo.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Cool, I'll try and get some more woohoo thank you
Old Mar 25th 2009, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

NZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of lightNZBee is a glorious beacon of light

Be careful! I got caught with my lead foot for speeding 2 months before I was due to emigrate......I had to go to court (not my proudest moment to be honest)
Luckily they brought the date forward, but if you are banned it can affect your visa if in application phase....

(anyone who is frowning at me for this I drive much more carefully now, as the road death rate by speeding in NZ is not pretty.....you have to be careful of the nutters out there )
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:28 am
Just Joined

I do drive to the speed limit I have to be honest, it was 2 silly mistakes.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 10:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Cool, I'll try and get some more woohoo thank you
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Its not sooo much the speed that kills its that fact that kiwi drivers do not plan ahead they will tail gate overtake on blind bends cross the centre line for no apparent reason drink drive (and see no problem with it) young people driving powerful cars with not concept of the power or handling of the vehicle, and are generally just bad drivers. Most of them have not had a proper lesson as their parent teach them to drive.

Seeing all too often the aftermath of some of the fortunate ones that survive these accidents and their injuried sustained during. We get to hear of the details surrounding the accident an although speed plays a big part alcohol is bigger part.

The other thing that makes NZ roads more dangerous is the fact that insurance in not compulsory. So wher in the Uk a teenage would not be able to drive a 2 litre subaru as they wont get insurance, here its not a problem. Get my drift.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Newfies
Its not sooo much the speed that kills its that fact that kiwi drivers do not plan ahead they will tail gate overtake on blind bends cross the centre line for no apparent reason drink drive (and see no problem with it) young people driving powerful cars with not concept of the power or handling of the vehicle, and are generally just bad drivers. Most of them have not had a proper lesson as their parent teach them to drive.

Seeing all too often the aftermath of some of the fortunate ones that survive these accidents and their injuried sustained during. We get to hear of the details surrounding the accident an although speed plays a big part alcohol is bigger part.

The other thing that makes NZ roads more dangerous is the fact that insurance in not compulsory. So wher in the Uk a teenage would not be able to drive a 2 litre subaru as they wont get insurance, here its not a problem. Get my drift.

Agreed.

It really bums me out here actually.....know of two people who have lost their lives in road accidents here.