Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do people hire childrens entertainers in NZ???

Do people hire childrens entertainers in NZ???

Old Jan 25th 2008, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of
Default Re: Do people hire childrens entertainers in NZ???

I thought the disposable income that maybe a factor, but could find a lot of soft play and macdonalds that offered parties so thought I would look into it. I started doing a few themed parties for friends after doing my own Kids. pirates, fairies, scooby doo, face painting etc then got people at those asking for my number. So as we were changing our life totally thought I could change occupation too. Like nursing but acting like a compleate nutter is much more fun!!!!!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
I thought the disposable income that maybe a factor, but could find a lot of soft play and macdonalds that offered parties so thought I would look into it. I started doing a few themed parties for friends after doing my own Kids. pirates, fairies, scooby doo, face painting etc then got people at those asking for my number. So as we were changing our life totally thought I could change occupation too. Like nursing but acting like a compleate nutter is much more fun!!!!!!!
NZ needs nurses more than it needs party entertainers???
Old Jan 26th 2008, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luvwelly
NZ needs nurses more than it needs party entertainers???
I know, but the shifts are a nightmere to fit around three wee ones and a hubby checking out evening shifts and alternatives work, obviously money better as a nurse but will do anything within reason for a few extra dollars and to meet people.

just don't want to end up stuck in with nothing other than the kids as will end monster mum and heading on the first plane home.
Old Jan 26th 2008, 7:51 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
I know, but the shifts are a nightmere to fit around three wee ones and a hubby checking out evening shifts and alternatives work, obviously money better as a nurse but will do anything within reason for a few extra dollars and to meet people.

just don't want to end up stuck in with nothing other than the kids as will end monster mum and heading on the first plane home.
In Auckland where we live there are tonnes of Mum's who have taken a career change/break, and there seem to be plenty of options too:

- if you just want to get yourself out and busy - then emerse yourself into your children's PTA;
- local schools are always crying out for teacher aids;
- kindies are always looking for qualified teachers (you can get yourself enroled at college and become a student teacher for the local kindie);
- there are always local shops, businesses that require some sort of hired help;
- swimming instructors also seem to be a regular one for mum's in our school - the swim centre will pay for your course to teach (which is a weeks' course I think);
- finally go to your local church/community centre and have a chat with them as usually they're a source of information and will know someone whose looking for something.

Good luck
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by P18PPS
In Auckland where we live there are tonnes of Mum's who have taken a career change/break, and there seem to be plenty of options too:

- if you just want to get yourself out and busy - then emerse yourself into your children's PTA;
- local schools are always crying out for teacher aids;
- kindies are always looking for qualified teachers (you can get yourself enroled at college and become a student teacher for the local kindie);
- there are always local shops, businesses that require some sort of hired help;
- swimming instructors also seem to be a regular one for mum's in our school - the swim centre will pay for your course to teach (which is a weeks' course I think);
- finally go to your local church/community centre and have a chat with them as usually they're a source of information and will know someone whose looking for something.

Good luck
Thanks for the advice looking into the kindy teacher as really fancied that idea Just have to way up the costs of study etc Lisa