Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do I need to sell my house if I leave New Zealand?

Do I need to sell my house if I leave New Zealand?

Old Dec 19th 2019, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Do I need to sell my house if I leave New Zealand?

My daughter and son in law are Australian citizens and have moved to Dunedin and have a property which they rent out. We are aware that you are only able to buy a property if you are a resident. However, does anyone know if you would have to sell the property if you left New Zealand?
Old Dec 19th 2019, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to sell my house if I leave New Zealand?

No you don't.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all
Default Re: Do I need to sell my house if I leave New Zealand?

Thanks, that's good to know.