Reload this Page >

Do I accept the offer???

Do I accept the offer???

Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Do I accept the offer???

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Absolutely, probably by the estate agent telling them you're leaving the country.
That actually happened to us. We didn't tell the estate agent but he got wind. After that the sale was complete and utter hell & I spent a further 2 months in the UK, trying to complete ,whilst himself had to fly away to start work.
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

Paula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud ofPaula2007 has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Do I accept the offer???

We have just accepted an offer £35000 below our first asking price. Our house has been on the market for two years this month and we have only had two offers, both in the same week in May this year. They were both the same and far to low. Eventually our buyer increased her offer by a further £11000 and we decided to take it.

We have had residency (Parent visa) since last October 2011 and want to be with our 2 children and 6 grandchildren. So we have bitten the bullet and decided to accept. If we had said no, we could have waited a further 2 years or more to get another offer. On looking in Estate Agent windows the prices seem to be dropping at an alarming rate and its a pity they are not doing this in New Zealand which has come out as the second country in the world where housing in comparison to wages is the highest.

We wanted a 4 bed 2 bathroom house but know we will now have to settle for a 3 bed and 1 bathroom house but we will be happy joining our family which is why we started our application for residency in 2007.

Good luck but my advice is to think long and hard before you turn them down, maybe try and get them to come up a few thousand?
Old Aug 23rd 2012, 10:20 pm
`

Very pleased for you Paula. Not for the house price thing, but for finally being able to come join your family.
Old Aug 24th 2012, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

Our house was on the market for over 2 years and during that period our residence visas ran out.
We have now sold the house but had to reduce by £70k but we still made on house so we where happy to sell.
We have re applied for visas again and just recieved them so will be in N.Z around Christmas time.
If you are happy to take less then do it but remember the exchange rate is crap so you will take a double hit.
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, dont even get chance to accept the offer (which incidentally I would have) as the buyer has changed his mind - onwards and upwards as they say. Hopefully someone else will come along soon
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

thepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nicethepinkone is just really nice

Oh no - but as you say the right buyer may be just around the corner - good luck (I'm dreading putting ours on the market)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

well hopefully things will pan out like ours did and your second offer will be higher than the first. Did you get any reasons as to why they offered then changed their minds?
Old Aug 28th 2012, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is a strip of land between our house and the garage which is owned by the local farmer, he wont sell it, but doesnt use it and hasnt for at least 20 years - we use it as if it were ours, keep it tidy etc and he doesnt charge etc. Unfortunately this bloke went to see him to ask if he could buy it and when he said no he pushed, and the answer came back I might want to use it one day for access - which totally put him off. Would put money on it he wouldnt ever use it, he never has and extremely unlikely he would in the future (isnt wide enough for a tractor anyway). Anyhow it put him off so hes not buying - honestly!!!

As you say hopefully someone else might come along, got another viewing on saturday which is also a cash buyer so fingers crossed.

Looking into renting it out, but its not really going to work for us financially as we would have to make up the difference each month - but will have to see, certainly not going to be here at Christmas that I know!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Yes, there is a strip of land between our house and the garage which is owned by the local farmer, he wont sell it, but doesnt use it and hasnt for at least 20 years - we use it as if it were ours, keep it tidy etc and he doesnt charge etc. Unfortunately this bloke went to see him to ask if he could buy it and when he said no he pushed, and the answer came back I might want to use it one day for access - which totally put him off. Would put money on it he wouldnt ever use it, he never has and extremely unlikely he would in the future (isnt wide enough for a tractor anyway). Anyhow it put him off so hes not buying - honestly!!!

As you say hopefully someone else might come along, got another viewing on saturday which is also a cash buyer so fingers crossed.

Looking into renting it out, but its not really going to work for us financially as we would have to make up the difference each month - but will have to see, certainly not going to be here at Christmas that I know!!!!
We are in the exact same boat as you , I know it won,t make you feel any better hearing that , waiting to sell ,same thing a lane out back that some one else owns and does not use , but will not part with it ...fingers crossed for you and us that our houses sell soon :-)
Old Aug 28th 2012, 7:58 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

that's a pain, good luck for Saturday
Old Aug 28th 2012, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

thank you
Old Aug 29th 2012, 12:14 am
`

Poo !

with the next viewing.
Old Aug 29th 2012, 6:00 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for Saturday
Thinking positive thoughts x
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
thank you
How did you get on ? We had a viewing on Thursday and have accepted an offer on our house ...fingers crossed it all goes thru smoothly !
Hope yours went well for u :-)
Old Sep 2nd 2012, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Have had four viewings this week, one thursday, one friday and two saturday. Three are cash buyers, one in a chain. The one in a chain has said no, and the others havent heard yet, hopefully will hear tomorrow - fingers crossed. Hopefully someone out of that little lot will want a second viewing at least.

Congrats on the sale of your house, dont take it off the market though because as they say its not sold till the ink is dry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.