Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A disinteresting thread about boring things

A disinteresting thread about boring things

Old Oct 24th 2020, 1:27 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default A disinteresting thread about boring things

It's a strange time for telly and youtube adverts. The ads begging for your vote have finished, you can now safely consider yourself duly ignored in the eyes of our political system, but it's still far too early for Christmas perfume ads with all the semi-clad models with the voiceovers in French or Italian accents.

Being untempted by vapid consumerism I took to lying in the garden with my book and a cup of tea. A somewhat unfortunate decision it later transpired as my callous assumption that the sun wasn't strong this time of year left me with a slight sunburn on my back. A cautionary tale for those of you forgoing Briscoes to enjoy your own gardens, live and learn.

Uncontent with my erstwhile suffering I was dispatched to bring the old barbeque (resident lexicographers, is it barbacue or barbeque?) out, an act not unlike recommissioning a ship with the amount of rust and general "gunk" it had accumulated over the prior summer. Resorting embarrassingly quickly to a wire wheel on a drill I managed to get back to just the structural rust remaining before spending the best part hour looking for a can of barbeque paint that I know I have somewhere. Unable to locate it I popped down to the hardware shop to buy another and fill the gas bottle at the local garage. Had to wait for two other people ahead of me to have theirs filled but felt like a conspicuous outsider having arrived by lowly car and not mighty ute. Also I was in a polo shirt and trainers which, it turns out, is too formal for the inaugural annual filling of the gas bottles. A clumsy faux pas on my part.

Barbeque recomissioned it and I where soon pressed into service cooking things from the freezer and fridge. You see we have not yet made the transition to stocking barbeque foods, whether bewildered by the appearance of consecutive days of warm weather or because HMNZS Barbeque had stood in reserve for so long we didn't know if she was still viable.

I sat back in the deck chair with plate on knee under a beautiful orange sunset...and immediately cursed myself for not wearing the bloody shirt or sunscreen.
​​​​
Old Oct 24th 2020, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

jarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond reputejarv5116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A disinteresting thread about boring things

I work outside.
I have been caught out with the sun a few times already. Hasn't even been hot either.
The sun just roasts here. I'm quite dark skinned so go really dark on my face and arms.
I started wearing a full face mask last year at work covering my lips nose and ears with sun glasses.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 7:18 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, who'd have thought enjoying sunshine would be such a perilous business.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

I fractured my toe again last week after breaking it a few months ago. By walking into something.

Clearly I shouldn't be allowed out anywhere..
Old Oct 25th 2020, 10:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Originally Posted by Mishclark View Post
I fractured my toe again last week after breaking it a few months ago. By walking into something.

Clearly I shouldn't be allowed out anywhere..
Not without those chunk steel capped boots that builders wear. You'll look a sight in a swimsuit at the beach this summer.
Old Oct 25th 2020, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Mishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond reputeMishclark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
Not without those chunk steel capped boots that builders wear. You'll look a sight in a swimsuit at the beach this summer.
🤣🤣🤣 I'm not going near the beach, clearly Australia hates me, thankfully I'll be back in Chch at new year.

Maybe I should borrow my daughter's doc martens 😁
Old Oct 25th 2020, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I found myself some shoes....
Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

We were truly blessed with quite unexpected sunshine this weekend, my face is feeling a tad scorched and I expect there'll be a fair others sporting an extra rosy glow tomorrow.