Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Disappointedly Yours ...

Disappointedly Yours ...

Old Aug 2nd 2009, 11:35 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Disappointedly Yours ...

Originally Posted by Pinkkat75
We will hopefully be in Invercargill by November, so you can stay with us for the Oyster Festival

How about adding "seeing the aurora australis (Southern lights)" to your list - it's on mine
So sweet - thank you.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 1:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Fairy One. Were you chasing the lovely Mr Depp (in your mind of course ) Oh, but why would he be running away from you

Because he's running into my arms of course
Old Aug 4th 2009, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Well done Fairy One. Were you chasing the lovely Mr Depp (in your mind of course ) Oh, but why would he be running away from you

Because he's running into my arms of course
Tosh and piffle ...

I've signed up for another half marathon, 4th October in Hamilton. I now have the Husband and a friend wanting to do it, and several friends wanting to do the 10KM walk at the same time - so we figured we'd all do it for a charity. It's great that something so positive could come from my lickle list!

Next plan is to do the Overlander as really want to do it in Winter to see the snow and also to get to Welly for a day so son can see F1 exhibition at Te Papa. Plan is for all except eldest to do it. Can't wait!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:27 am

Cough, cough ...

214th out of 708 I'll have you know ...
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:24 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Cough, cough ...

214th out of 708 I'll have you know ...
Blimey ! I'm right impressed.
Old Aug 16th 2009, 9:30 am

Yay - another first for next week - we are finally, with this being our third winter here, off skiing!
Old Aug 17th 2009, 5:41 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Yay - another first for next week - we are finally, with this being our third winter here, off skiing!
Pictures please :-)
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:35 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Well - I did it! And I loved it. I'm sure all your messages of luck helped me. I loved completing the challenge and pushing myself - which really is a huge point of the "List!" If you knew me, you'd know how very unlike me today's achievement is. To start with I am not sporty, I hate doing new things on my own when I don't know what to expect or where I'm going and I'm a slightly heavier than when I was younger, slightly heavy drinker, recently "almost" given up smoker! Sport is not my prowess!

I left home at 5:45, got to Taupo at about 7:30 and managed to park right next to the Domain where the finish line was! Registration was straightforward and I picked up my number and goodie bag. Hung around for an hour and a half and then we walkers set off at 9:10AM. As with all my experiences in NZ the entire event was superbly organised and just so straight forward.

I found the 15-19KM mark a struggle - I think boredom and my early over enthusiasm was telling on me ... I'd heard some woman muttering about people around me being the "Hardcore" walkers and figured that she, like me, hadn't got a clue what she was on about ... until I heard it as I approached the Finish ... I'd completed the course an hour quicker than I'd anticipated - I was so bloody chuffed with myself I almost cried! Instead I got some random stranger to take my piccie for you to prove I did it!

I now want to put a bit of effort in to training properly to incorporate some running and sign up for the next one!

Had to log on to have a look at your pic,, its great,, as you know, I am very proud of you Mrs P. Will get onto the others this week about doing the 10km walk at Hamilton. See you soon.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:18 am

Latest adventure update! As I have a conference the week after next in Wellington, rather than fly I am taking the Overlander!! I'm very excited about it - particularly as I get to do it alone without worrying about the pesky sprogs becoming board! And I'll still see snow! I shall bore you all with my photos after!
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

PatLiz is a jewel in the roughPatLiz is a jewel in the roughPatLiz is a jewel in the roughPatLiz is a jewel in the roughPatLiz is a jewel in the rough

Hiya,

Not sure if you'll have done this yet, but DH and I are planning to walk round the base of Mount Maunganui later this month with our 1 year old. You'd be very welcome to join us and could even bring your kids. Apparently it takes about 40 minutes, though I guess we'll take longer. lol

We're also doing the polynesian spa on Monday 26th October, and possibly Zorbing on the 25th (only say possibly as we haven't actually booked it yet, so need to find out if they're open on a sunday etc!)
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PatLiz
Hiya,

Not sure if you'll have done this yet, but DH and I are planning to walk round the base of Mount Maunganui later this month with our 1 year old. You'd be very welcome to join us and could even bring your kids. Apparently it takes about 40 minutes, though I guess we'll take longer. lol

We're also doing the polynesian spa on Monday 26th October, and possibly Zorbing on the 25th (only say possibly as we haven't actually booked it yet, so need to find out if they're open on a sunday etc!)
Zorbing is fab - we did it with our 5 and 7 year old when we were over in July Enjoy! (V. jealous!)
Old Oct 8th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PatLiz
Hiya,

Zorbing is brill we did it for our son's b'day last yr in Scotland he loved it
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:57 am

So, having done the half marathon and the Overlander - yesterday I got to do a few more.

I saw my very first Kiwi birds. They are gorgeous - in weird way. Much bigger than I had thought they would be - as are their beaks. Unbelievably they hadn't got around to training any to cope with flash photography so we took some pictures of some very attractive dead, stuffed ones.

I concluded that I want one - to which the Husband replied, "What a surprise ..."

We then went to the Polynesian Spa and soaked in the various hot pools over looking Lake Rotorua. As a special treat (and wanting Hubby to feel completely comfortable in a disposable, paper g-string) I booked us a treatment. A mud exfoliation, showered off by the lady whilst lying on the treatment table and then finished off with a Coconut body polish.

All rounded off with a meal and night at the Princes Gate Hotel. Relocated from Waihi when the residents of Waihi voted in Prohibition. Built in 1897 originally (I think) and just beautiful!
Attached Thumbnails Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0864.jpg   Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0862.jpg   Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0872.jpg   Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0873.jpg   Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0854.jpg  

Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:59 am

And I special one for Matewx - which the Husband thinks hilarious ...
Attached Thumbnails Disappointedly Yours ...-dscf0865.jpg  
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 4:06 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

And I special one for Matewx - which the Husband thinks hilarious ...
I saw this yesterday...

It's funny... where was this?? Could be the picture I send home as my coming out pix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.