Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Disappointedly Yours ...

Disappointedly Yours ...

Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Disappointedly Yours ...

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
If you're in Auckland, go for a sail in one of the retired America's cup yachts - an exhilarating ride and excellent way to see the harbour.
Oooo, now that looks good! Got to be worth a special trip. I have a friend who would love that too!

Problem may be finding friends or family who'll experience some of these with me - more fun than alone. I asked Hubby (a Kiwi) if he wanted to come and watch the All Blacks play Oz in Auckland and he said No! He did say he'd go watch the Warriors - but I don't even know who they are!

I never did get the pink kayak Vitalstatistix - have 4 friends locally with several each (not pink though ) so figured I'd borrow theirs as it was highly unlikely I'd ever manage to co-ordinate going on my own!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:51 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Going into the Warehouse on a Sunday in your PJs and Ugg boots
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by P2L
Can I wear a bra and make up? I'm going to record these events on film you know ...
Old Jun 16th 2009, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute

If gliding is a no-no, try paragliding!
I'm not a big fan of heights, but paragliding was simply awesome. I was quite hight in the air but did not feel even a bit scared -after all I was already wearing the parachute so nothing much could have happened even if the boat had stopped.

Other things to try I can think of are archery, fencing and other not so common sports, clay pigeon shooting, participating in one of those murder mystery events, pole dancing , belly dancing, well, any kind of dancing, a self-defence class, walking on coals (my friend did this), going to an aromatherapeutic massage (divine!), a diving course...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:36 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I gave my mum and my little sister Xmas gifts of paragliding off Te Mata Peak- to say they both loved it was an understatement and my sis says it was better than skydiving by a long shot- less adrenalin and more time to really savour the experience and views.

ETA: Oh, hang on there was no boat involved so perhaps wasn't called paragliding?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 1:41 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it was- here's the video I played them on Xmas day to show them their gift: Enjoy

Old Jun 17th 2009, 3:03 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P2L

Can I wear a bra and make up? I'm going to record these events on film you know ...
No of course you can'tIt's meant to be authenticIn that case maybe you should be in bare feet...

Paragliding looks great-I also hate heights but think I could manage that
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:36 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

I took up pilates. I hadn't done it before and its really hard! But I like it.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:45 am
Cornish Lass

Marika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to beholdMarika 38 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
No to sky diving ...

Will only contemplate the helicopter flight to White Island as I know the pilot and a) he's devastatingly attractive and b) he'll play nicely as he knows I'm terrified!

Gliding - no engine - no thanks! I'm all for embracing new activities, but I don't want to delight my Hubby by actually dying whilst doing them!

Funny you should say possum hunting as I was thinking something along those lines, but have settled on surf casting at dawn instead - again I have an experienced friend who can take me along as I wouldn't have a clue!
Have also added, courtesy of Marika38 (an old poster from here), travelling to the place near Gisbourne that is the first to see the sun rise each morning and watching that!

So now adding some cheap/free extras as "39 Firsts" is a lot to come up with! Thus far I only have 16 ...

Hey you,, good job I'm back,, less of the OLD word,, LOL..

As you know and participated in my turning 40 last year,, getting me highly intoxicated,, you naughty fairy. Well i was thinking about your 39 firsts after you told me about it yesterday when you were doing more training for your half marathon (honest she was )......anyway,, you know i Zorbed on my 40th at Roturua, and correct me if I'm wrong,, but i think its classed as a NZ Extreme Thing to do,,, so how about it,, i will take you, it could be my birthday pressie to you,, you will resist i know,, but honest,, you will laugh and want and need a drink afterwards.

OLD ..............How very dare you,,, xxxx
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Marika 38
Hey you,, good job I'm back,, less of the OLD word,, LOL..

As you know and participated in my turning 40 last year,, getting me highly intoxicated,, you naughty fairy. Well i was thinking about your 39 firsts after you told me about it yesterday when you were doing more training for your half marathon (honest she was )......anyway,, you know i Zorbed on my 40th at Roturua, and correct me if I'm wrong,, but i think its classed as a NZ Extreme Thing to do,,, so how about it,, i will take you, it could be my birthday pressie to you,, you will resist i know,, but honest,, you will laugh and want and need a drink afterwards.

OLD ..............How very dare you,,, xxxx
Ooooo, yes, zorbing, no heights and not great speed - definitely do that one! Fab suggestion hun.

I've done pilates and yes it is hard.

I wanted to try paragliding behind the jet boat that they did summer before last round the Mount, but they weren't doing it this last summer. It's a possible!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:21 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this thread AM - I think one does tend to forget that we have actually DONE things but they sort of get lost in the mists of time when you're just getting on with the process of living. It's nice to remember I don't like heights either but I've been up in the Gondola in Queenstown and that was a big deal for me I felt like I'd achieved something. Can't do anything connected with water though - I'm really quite afraid of it. I've done drama classes which were great fun (and good for me) and I'm going to do dressmaking this year. I believe the things you do don't have to be earth shattering - they just need to make you feel good AND - turning 40 is the most liberating thing a woman ever does so don't feel you have to cram everything into this year - your time is still to come!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:09 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

How about going from Blonde to Brunette, and settle the whole blondes have more fun thing

If you don't like it, you can always have a crew cut
Old Jun 18th 2009, 12:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I've done 40.

liberating

I've done 50

let it all hang out coz it will anyway

39 for Am Loo....am thinking on this . HHHmmmm
Old Jun 20th 2009, 6:09 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
By my very nature, however, I am somewhat of a lazy arse.
Ha - have you met this woman... tis true, tis true

I hope to fit in other than occasionally the opportunity to paint my toenails.

I have painted 3 bedrooms, renovated the bathroom and laundry and in the process had to have my hair cut very short due to my prediliction for using my head as a paintbrush!!

I am going to do this
Ha! Post the photos girlie!!
And this

Any other ideas?
I am still waiting for the pics if the bolly IV we have dreamt up for you!

Doesn't matter what it is or where in NZ it is, I'd like to get on and try something new and exciting at least every month for the next 12?
Yeah - come over to my place again for a marathon drinkathon and may the best girl win... I'll start limbering up with 21 pints please...
Old Jun 21st 2009, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Yeah - come over to my place again for a marathon drinkathon and may the best girl win... I'll start limbering up with 21 pints please...
Yes - but that won't be a first darling - we've done that, exceptionally well, on more than one occasion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.