Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dire Prognostications!

Dire Prognostications!

Old May 3rd 2010, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

zoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nicezoglet is just really nice
Default Dire Prognostications!

1.00 GBP = 2.08452 NZD

Hurry up election day so we can get the next group of blithering idiots to find new ways to wreck the economy and further weaken the pound. Only please can we have a bit of fiscal strength, just long enough for me to get my money out, first please?
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Dire Prognostications!

Originally Posted by zoglet
1.00 GBP = 2.08452 NZD

Hurry up election day so we can get the next group of blithering idiots to find new ways to wreck the economy and further weaken the pound. Only please can we have a bit of fiscal strength, just long enough for me to get my money out, first please?
I will second that
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

1.00 GBP = 2.08452 NZD

How bastarding bad is it going to get? The bloody stupid kiwi seems to know no end to its ridiculous value. 20 pound notes by contrast are going to be a cheaper option than loo paper. I am going to the UK this christmas and I am looking forward to spending my UK GBPs (aka Monopoly money) as they are utterly useless to me outside the country. So I have booked the best most expensive accomodation I can find. What else do I do with it??
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:07 pm

pestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the roughpestman is a jewel in the rough

I DONT

LONG MIGHT IT FALL!

Cheaper holidays inthe UK are getting closer

I reckon $1.80 to the pound would be about right and make that trip back a bit easier to bear.
Old May 3rd 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

1.00 GBP = 2.08452 NZD

Me again. Is this the calm before the 'perfect storm' leading to the utter destruction of the pound's value or the bottom of the pound's abyss?

Last edited by Genesis; May 3rd 2010 at 10:20 pm.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:15 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I hope not . Not for me. Not for you & Kate and certainly not for all those waiting to come out to NZ.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Just when you think it cant get any worse ........and it does ....persistantly

We couldn't consider buying a hoose here till we get our UK pounds down here. (and its only enough for a deposit )

When (if) is the pound going to stop nose diving and when is the kiwi going to prove that its "upto 20+% over-valued" (sick of hearing it mentioned regularly)

I know no-one knows the answer of course. It must be decades since the pound was worth so few kiwi $s
Old May 4th 2010, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Its only doing it to P*** us all off - there's no other reason for it to be this bad - is there????
Old May 4th 2010, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a good time to transfer some cash to my UK account!
Old May 4th 2010, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zaras dad
Just when you think it cant get any worse ........and it does ....persistantly

We couldn't consider buying a hoose here till we get our UK pounds down here. (and its only enough for a deposit )

When (if) is the pound going to stop nose diving and when is the kiwi going to prove that its "upto 20+% over-valued" (sick of hearing it mentioned regularly)

I know no-one knows the answer of course. It must be decades since the pound was worth so few kiwi $s

Mate! The GBP never, ever, ever has been this low...not by a long chalk. This is the 1st time its been well sub $2.20..typical innit? We should have come here c2002 when it was just below $4 to a pound. Life's a bitch aye?
Old May 4th 2010, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

zaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to beholdzaras dad is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Genesis
Mate! The GBP never, ever, ever has been this low...not by a long chalk. This is the 1st time its been well sub $2.20..typical innit? We should have come here c2002 when it was just below $4 to a pound. Life's a bitch aye?

I was here in 2001 and got 3.7 to the pound......................

................but I was a backpacker then with no significant cash
Old May 4th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zaras dad
I was here in 2001 and got 3.7 to the pound......................

................but I was a backpacker then with no significant cash
Yet again..bloody typical aye??????
Old May 4th 2010, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

FrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really niceFrequentFlyer is just really nice

IMO the kiwi dollar is over valued at the moment against Sterling. It seems to have averaged around the 2.56ish mark over recent years.

It is because the UK economy is so in the doldrums at the moment that currencies like the NZ dollar are so attractive to investors. Normally its a currency that is pretty much sidelined.

Hopefully after the election and when we get a government in UK that has a plan to tackle the deficit things will revert to a more normal footing.

The UK is a big and rich country and all things are cyclical ........
Old May 4th 2010, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Its low because of the upcoming election and the uncertainty that brings.
It will bounce back after the election but only to the 2.20 mark.
thats my prediction based on absolutly no sound financial knowledge.
Old May 4th 2010, 10:30 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer
all things are cyclical ........
I agree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.