Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Dipping my toe in :)

Dipping my toe in :)

Old Sep 28th 2016, 6:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dipping my toe in :)

as a new set up I am not sure they would qualify

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...dited-employer
Old Sep 28th 2016, 10:08 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skinnymat
Thanks again. It is my wife who has a provisional job offer as a Traditional Thai massage therapist. The employer is a new business and I'm unsure if they are accredited yet. How would they go about getting accredited and is there a link which i could maybe pass this onto them.
They would need to meet the criteria & pay NZIS for that.
When you say new, how new ? They need to be established as a going concern . That means 2 years of accounts and possibly to show employment and profit.

Also. As previously written.
Originally Posted by BEVS
"this occupation , Thai Massage Therapist , although seen as skilled is not deemed to be in shortage so any prospective employers is going to need to show that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that work."
That means that this prospective employer will need to show NZ Immigration proof that they have advertised here in NZ & have training in place .
NZ Immigration will also check with the local Dept of Labour that there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that work.

In other words, the employer cannot just offer your wife this job. They will need to prove that there is no-one else in NZ available to fill the vacancy.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 28th 2016 at 10:11 pm.
Old Sep 28th 2016, 10:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I can see several vacancies on NZ Seek.

what your wife will need to do is to convince an employer that she can uplift the required visa as most often employers do not understand it is a job offer first and then a visa. Not the other way round.

Then the employer needs to convince NZIS and the Dept of Labour that she is the best fit for the job.
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

skinnymat is an unknown quantity at this point

Well both mine and my wifes notices has been handed in at work and we have started to make steps to start our journey to New Zealand. Just been looking around the site regarding Visa agents and think the best thing we can do is travel over to New Zealand and then speak to immigration once we are over there and take it from there. The fees they are asking seem to be high for the amount of work needed.

We may need to use them at some point but I'm going to try and use the site for as much info as I can so if anyone has any useful tips they want to share then please do so.
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skinnymat
We may need to use them at some point but I'm going to try and use the site for as much info as I can so if anyone has any useful tips they want to share then please do so.
The biggest tip is not to bother using an emigration agent, as effectively you will be buying a dog and barking yourself. They do nothing that you can't do and will merely present information that you will have had to provide them with. You may as well cut out the middle man.