Reload this Page >

Difficulty getting a job in NZ? Your thoughts/experiences

Difficulty getting a job in NZ? Your thoughts/experiences

Old Sep 3rd 2016, 4:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Difficulty getting a job in NZ? Your thoughts/experiences

Originally Posted by A4Ron
Thanks for the replies very interesting and it's comforting in a way that I haven't experienced this by myself

Would you put this down to more competition for fewer jobs going or a preference to employ 'local' people over migrants?
Both,
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 5:19 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Put yourself in the employers shoes where you are looking for stability of workforce because new starters take time to familiarise themselves with work place, work mates and company procedures. Local people, preferably male or older female with less likelihood of requiring maternity leave or getting homesick and going 'home' i.e someone who will be a stayer and slip in well with the workforce you already employ.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Have recently been made redundant, and have applied for loads of jobs. Had a couple of interviews, but basically think I was turned down as too 'old'. The people interviewing me didn't look over 30 and everyone that I could see working there looked that age too (I'm 50).

Although both jobs came back with feedback to the contrary, I'm pretty sure it was age related (although obviously they can't say that).

Will just keep on persevering - would love to work from home, but also finding that hard too.