Reload this Page >

Different Visa Types

Different Visa Types

Old Oct 4th 2005, 11:48 am
Just Joined

PRinAuckland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Different Visa Types

Hi All,

I wondered if you could help me figure out whether there's another category I could apply under? I have a degree, am 30 years old and am in a profession that's not on the skills shortage lists. I can only prove 4 years work history as I was freelancing with people who don't keep records, and some of it was unpaid. Also, my records from a big corporation have not been kept. Is there any other category I can apply for? I can't find a sponsor either. I know I could go in on a working holiday visa or visitors permit, but that's a bit too risque in my eyes. My partner and I had jobs in diff cities, and can only prove we've been living together for 5 months, but we don't want to wait all that time. Once she's got her permanent residency visa, can she apply to have me put on it in 7 months, or does that information need to be included now? Trouble is they wont accept me on it right now as we can't prove living together *head spins*. Any light anyone can shed on the intricacies of applying would be most gratefully accepted!

Old Oct 4th 2005, 12:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different Visa Types

Originally Posted by PRinAuckland
Hi All,

I wondered if you could help me figure out whether there's another category I could apply under? I have a degree, am 30 years old and am in a profession that's not on the skills shortage lists. I can only prove 4 years work history as I was freelancing with people who don't keep records, and some of it was unpaid. Also, my records from a big corporation have not been kept. Is there any other category I can apply for? I can't find a sponsor either. I know I could go in on a working holiday visa or visitors permit, but that's a bit too risque in my eyes. My partner and I had jobs in diff cities, and can only prove we've been living together for 5 months, but we don't want to wait all that time. Once she's got her permanent residency visa, can she apply to have me put on it in 7 months, or does that information need to be included now? Trouble is they wont accept me on it right now as we can't prove living together *head spins*. Any light anyone can shed on the intricacies of applying would be most gratefully accepted!

Hi, I think you don't have to proove that you've been living together for 12 months, but that you've been in a stable relationship for 12 months or more, if this helps.