Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Did you get travel insurance for trip home to UK?

Did you get travel insurance for trip home to UK?

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 12:35 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you get travel insurance for trip home to UK?

Originally Posted by jueinnz
We didn't get insurance, and we like most English would not dream of going anywhere with out it before we came here, I felt it was really expensive.
We weighed up the pros and cons and what could go wrong... We would be ok if we had an accident in UK with the hospitals etc, so risk was to ourselves on the way over and our luggage, it was a risk we decided to take.
There's also the risk of becoming ill on a stopover (eg Singapore, LA etc.)
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jueinnz
We didn't get insurance, and we like most English would not dream of going anywhere with out it before we came here, I felt it was really expensive.
We weighed up the pros and cons and what could go wrong... We would be ok if we had an accident in UK with the hospitals etc, so risk was to ourselves on the way over and our luggage, it was a risk we decided to take.

I know, I know it's very tempting isn't it especially when you add the cost of cover to an already extended budget! I'm still thinking of cover for the trip out and back, but not for the UK.

Would be interested to know of anyone who got ill/hurt etc whilst on a trip home and the repercussions of that
</IMG>
Old Jan 23rd 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JAJ
There's also the risk of becoming ill on a stopover (eg Singapore, LA etc.)
Didn't have one so wasn't an issue, just a couple of hours in Signapore, wasn't a decision we took lightly!!!
Old Jan 30th 2007, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough74NZ is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Have taken it all on board and will do a later post nearer the time to let ya'll know our decision.
</IMG>