Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Did you feel that??

Did you feel that??

Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:45 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute
Default Did you feel that??

I just felt a big shake in the house and the dog started barking. Went into the lounge and my son felt the same thing. He just texted his friends who felt it too... was it another small quake?? We are further down than Gisbourne - we are in Christchurch.. Didn't think we would get one here..
Old Dec 21st 2007, 10:53 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Did you feel that??

We're in Rangiora. Didn't feel anything!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:07 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

No worries - it just the prelude to THE BIG ONE......................
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:10 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

yay!! Been waiting for that. 60 years overdue isn't it?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:12 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TeamEmbo
yay!! Been waiting for that. 60 years overdue isn't it?
yes, just went downstairs and counted the gas cylinders again.........................
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:19 am
TeamEmbo

we've got our emergency kit but I don't keep it all in one place as we'd be buggered if that one place was inaccessible, so I spread all the survival bits around different rooms and levels.

But seriously, it is a worry, especially when you think you may not all be at home together should it happen. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't get to my kids or OH
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

Yeah, I suppose you have to come up with a plan - we can't even find that yellow form and organising anything at the moment is a nightmare, so no chance of that before February
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:24 am
TeamEmbo

Isn't the form / check list in the Yellow Pages? We regularly get them as mail shots. If I can find it, I'll post it on here. But not tonight!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 11:30 am
you dewty owld maan!

Isn't the form / check list in the Yellow Pages? We regularly get them as mail shots. If I can find it, I'll post it on here. But not tonight!
you're right - both our mailshot ones have been buried in paperwork somewhere. Hope the cooker, water and food dont go the same way should the next natural disaster be hereabouts.......
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Here is the link to the Emergency Planning document for the home

http://www.getthru.govt.nz/

Just in case.

It is quite good as a checklist and information sheet. Hopefully none of us will ever have to use it, but it is good to be prepared.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:36 pm
TeamEmbo

I checked Geonet last night. Apparently yes there was one, 20km East of Christchurch, focal depth 15km, measuring 3.6, at 00.33.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 8:41 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Cross
I just felt a big shake in the house and the dog started barking. Went into the lounge and my son felt the same thing. He just texted his friends who felt it too... was it another small quake?? We are further down than Gisbourne - we are in Christchurch.. Didn't think we would get one here..
It was just me falling out of bed..
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:52 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

I checked Geonet last night. Apparently yes there was one, 20km East of Christchurch, focal depth 15km, measuring 3.6, at 00.33.
I am so glad, I thought it was, especially as my sons friends felt it too..mind you its a good job it was only 3.6 and most people were asleep..
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:52 am
Susie..

Originally Posted by Dustybin
It was just me falling out of bed..
LOL, well after tonights session you will be falling into bed, see you then!!
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:59 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

We felt it, I was just tucking into some pizza and watching Family Affairs on UK TV ( ) and my 17 yr old was on the loo so got a fright !
It sounded like a train going under the house - really loud